Labadee Adventure Ocean Area

jlrn366419

I thought I read that the AO will take kids out to an enclosed area on the island, but not sure what activities they have. Hopefully someone who has used this service will have more details. We are not going to Labadee on our cruise, or else I would be able to give you more details in a few weeks. :).

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't use it, but it is a fairly small enclosed area by the water park. On our stop, there were hardly any kids there. It didn't look like they were doing much with the kids but letting them play.

We had 7 kids with us, youngest five, so I was interested just in case he wanted to play there, but there was so much else for the kids to do it wasn't necessary. I'd only use it if you need some alone time or want to do something like the zip line that's not for small children.

• 4 weeks later...

We planned on taking our kids there, but quickly changed our minds when we saw it. It was just a concrete circular wall and only sand on the ground with a few toys. Majority of it was directly in the sun and they were very close to the beach where they are probably staring at the ocean the whole time wishing they could swim in it. Looked miserable to us. Kid's Club is much better on the boat for sure

I visited Labadee this week and found the area quite disappointing. The water play table was in a state of disrepair, the water cannons were not working and the concrete was too hot for bare feet. The adventure ocean area adjacent to the kids water play area appeared to be no more than a pavilion with a 3 foot high wall around it. I would not feel comfortable dropping a young child off at this outdoor venue. I'm not sure why they don't just keep the ship board facilities open instead for people who want childcare at this port.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Archived