wheelchair usage on Labadee?

BeachChik

Quite a distance to the Labadee area from the ship -- uncovered in the sun -- but that's what you're after!!!! Once there, it's pathways -- cement or hard earth -- leading to the beaches and as far as the covered market (souvenier shop). A little further to the right is a vendor area -- that has a hill which is steep and not paved-- however, if you tell the vendors what you are looking for --- they so willingly bring it to you!!!!! (very aggressive, but helpful if you want something specific)! It's a nice surprise -- and be sure to watch the Coaster. Vicki:)

We have been to Labadee a few years ago. My husband is in a powerwheel chair fulltime. In Labadee they offer beach wheel chairs once you get to the bottom of the boat dock. (you must just be able to transfer from your chair to this chair). When we were there last time someone from the beach pushed my husband in the chair. They then expected a tip. This time due to knowing a head of time we have asked Royal if we could have a chair available to us the whole time that I am able to push. They told us to come to the guest services the day before and remind them and one would be waiting for us at bottom of pier. This chair is also able to floot in water so if you are unable to walk in water you are able to still enjoy it.

1148105386_beachwheelchair.jpg.514e8cac13ae38096f28d28974ec51e4.jpg

Can anyone tell me if there are cement pathways around labadee that a wheelchair would be able to use? I know obviously on the beach it would have to be carried but my concern is getting down the pier to the beach.

Yes, the island is partially paved and very "hilly" as you head towards the local craft shop area. They have a very slow tram that will let you off anywhere you want to jump off, which I found out about after I wheeled my mother from the ship, through the local shops/market (up hill) to the area that had the floating Aqua Park. They also have two buffet areas set up on the island one near the main entrance and the other near the Aqua park.

Good luck,

Heather

Archived