Inside Cabin Size - Rhapsody of the seas v Pacific Dawn

I have booked our family on Rhapsody of the seas. We are booked into a inside cabin on deck 2 2 adults and 2 children in a four berth cabin. We have previously booked outside 4 berth cabins on the Pacific Dawn on Plaza deck. my question is, are the rooms a lot smaller on the Rhapsody of the sea than the Pacific Dawn. If you do the conversion from Sq feet to sq M the large inside cabin is still smaller than the standard outside cabin on the Pacific Dawn. is it worth it to pay the extra to go up to a large interior room or is there a good chance of a upgrade. Any ideas on what we should do.

We are currently midship deck 2, and we sail 4th of Dec 2010

I have booked our family on Rhapsody of the seas. We are booked into a inside cabin on deck 2 2 adults and 2 children in a four berth cabin. We have previously booked outside 4 berth cabins on the Pacific Dawn on Plaza deck. my question is, are the rooms a lot smaller on the Rhapsody of the sea than the Pacific Dawn. If you do the conversion from Sq feet to sq M the large inside cabin is still smaller than the standard outside cabin on the Pacific Dawn. is it worth it to pay the extra to go up to a large interior room or is there a good chance of a upgrade. Any ideas on what we should do.

We are currently midship deck 2, and we sail 4th of Dec 2010

All insides are much the same size. Forget the sq ft /mtr thing... Unless you wanna party it will be fine.. (unless you are locking yourselves in with the kids all day and night).. .

Upgrade??? Unless you booked a GTY cabin, an upgrade is most improbable with RCI.

Have noted that some mid-rear on very low floors get more engine noises, but that is only an observation when walking past.

If you are in the lowest category, and can change to a GTY without a cost, you will most probably end up a few floors higher .. . We have...

Whatever... Have funnnnnn :D.

I wouldn't suggest there's a good chance of an upgrade, and the Rhapsody cabins are small compared to others.

It comes down to how much time you think you'll be in there and how important the space is to you. If you want more space, to be assured of it you will need to upgrade.

Thanks for the tips. What is GTY ? It appears that we are booked on the same cruise. We have started a roll call, and have also posted information about registering for the meet and greet on board for CC's arranged by RCI. Apparently they put on a party for us.

Thanks for the tips. What is GTY ? It appears that we are booked on the same cruise. We have started a roll call, and have also posted information about registering for the meet and greet on board for CC's arranged by RCI. Apparently they put on a party for us.

A GTY = Guarantee.. Where you let the cruiseline allocate the cabin.

Generally, you pay the lowest price for the selected category, (inside/outside/balcony, etc.) and are prepared to take what you get. You are guaranteed, however, a cabin of at least the category selected, but it can be anywhere on the ship.

For instance on Royal the lowest inside is Q. If GTY is offered on Q that sailing, (it being offered can change day to day), and you book it you will end up in Q at worst, but K or L is not unusual to get. But it can be FWD or AFT , any deck. The cabin can be allocated within days of booking, or at any time before sail date. (Cabin sizes in base category much the size anyway. Check RCI website for all the info)

We have just changed from the January NZ sailing to "your" December one, and have not yet signed up for the Meet and Mingle, nor been near the roll call yet. M and M is great to put faces to the ppl you communicate and swap info with on roll call. Usually a few horses doovers, coffee etc for 45 mins or so where the Cruise Director and Captain will say hello.

Have not done any research on ports at all yet, will have to get into that soon. Have done NZ North Island roadtrippping only, so most places new, so booked this on a whim. Must get into it eh??

Catch you on the Rollcall, or feel free to contact email. :D

Sue and Phil.

A GTY = Guarantee.. Where you let the cruiseline allocate the cabin.

Have not done any research on ports at all yet, will have to get into that soon. Have done NZ North Island roadtrippping only, so most places new, so booked this on a whim. Must get into it eh??

Catch you on the Rollcall, or feel free to contact email. :D

Sue and Phil.

Thanks for the info Sue and Phil, much appreciated. i have just been looking at a couple of Iphone app travel guides to NZ. these may prove to be usefull. it looks like a it will be busy days once we get to NZ. I have done NZ about 20 years ago on an 2 month backpacking holiday with my girlfriend, now my wife. this was our first trip away together.

Archived