Diamond Princess

islandermg

Hello to all. Been a long time since I have visited CC but have a question. We are 5 couples booked on the Diamond Princess for a 7 night Mexican cruise in Oct. I have done Mexico too many times to remember and it is not my favorite but easy to drive to and board. Any thought on the new DP? The only reason we did this was because of the newness of the boat. I also booked a mini-suite for wife and I. Category BA. Anybody out there been on this ship yet?

cordially,

dirk pitt

Hi Dirk,

We were on the Diamond Princess for it's inaugural cruise and I have to say that it is a beautiful ship. The people working on board were very good from our room steward to the waiter and ***'t.You will certainly enjoy this ship. Lots of room and with a full ship we could hardly tell that about 2800 people were on board. The ship also handled with no problem.

Mike

Sea Princess 03/01

Golden Princess 10/01

Sun Princess 03/02

Sea Princess 03/03 (final back to back cruise)

Diamond Princess 03/04 (inaugural cruise)

Dirk, we're on the Diamond Princess in May to Alaska. We're booked in a cat BA. It's a regular balcony and not a mini-suite.

Another post said that the balconies on the Caribe deck are 9'X 9' They're also supposed to be half covered and half open. Enjoy!

thanks heloguy. I made a mistake. we are in cat. AB #D619. It is supposed to be mini-suite with a tub and sitting area. I have spoiled my wife and she will no longer cruise with just a porthole. Oh well, she is worth it.

dirk

Hey Dirk...

Would sure love to meet you.....you are my favorite fictional character..and I imagine any cruise with you aboard would be quite exciting!

I can be found reading at least one of your escapades on each and every cruise

Does Al Giordino travel with you icon_biggrin.gif

Sky Princess 01/1999 Australia and New Zealand

Sky Princess 03/2000 China

Royal Princess 02/2002 South America

Golden Princess 05/2003 Med

Sapphire Princess 03/2005 Sydney to Bangkok

March 2005 - Sydney to Bangkok on the Sapphire

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;3;7;20;00;00&timezone=GMT+1030

I am trying to figure out what cabin we want on the DP for the 9/25 sailing. The darn color codes are too close, can someone tell me if the infamous e731 is a category AD? DH and I would like to splurge on this cruise and get a minisuite. How much bigger are they? Are they worth it?

"so many cruises, so little vacation time"

Grand Princess - March 2003

Carnival Pride - June 2002

Carnival Victory - June 2001

bcs819, E731 on the Diamond Princess is a mini-suite with an extended balcony and is category AE. There are only 2 of these cabins. I agree, the colour coding in the brochure makes it very difficult to distinguish the AE from the AD category! I've got E731 booked for my cruise but that is sooooo far away. Not until 2005 icon_frown.gif I felt we wanted to splurge a little on our next cruise since we are having such a long wait. I'm looking forward to the extra space. If you go to www.cruiseclues.com and check the shipstips section under Diamond Princess there are some wonderful photos by mrmac of the mini suites. I think if you look though, you will definitely want that category icon_biggrin.gif

Cruising! It's like being in the Garden of Eatin'!

TA just called with a great price! I have to call and see if we can get free air (I have enough miles for 4 free domestic flights) on the days we need and we're booking! I am so excited icon_smile.gif

"so many cruises, so little vacation time"

Grand Princess - March 2003

Carnival Pride - June 2002

Carnival Victory - June 2001

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Duralumin:

Hope you're not too bored on the DP to Mexico. It's our honeymoon so we could give a rat's fat a$$ where we're cruising to. Just happy to be away for a week.

Just sit back...and relax.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's my kinda attitude! That cracked me up.

<h3><font color=orange>Yvonne

<h6>

<font color=darkblue>

Norwegian Skyward "Our Honeymoon" 10/88 ~ S. Caribbean

Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas 3/98 ~ W. Caribbean Circle

Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas 3/15/02 ~ W. Caribbean Circle

Princess Cruise Star Princess 5/03/03 ~ Mexican Riviera

Next Cruise ~ Princess Cruise Diamond Princess 4/24/04 ~ Mexican Riviera

Archived