All inclusive beach day questions

acs2653

I'm going to progreso next month with my wife and would like to do an all inclusive beach day. We do one in Cozumel every time we go and would like to do the same thing. I saw that a couple companies offer a 3 hour "excursion" but I wanted to do one that was on my timeline and not someone else's. Is there anything like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to progreso twice and to my knowledge there is not an all inclusive at leisure. One time we did the Mayan Ruins and the other time we did the reef club beach resort which was about a 40 minute drive each way. The excursion was 5 hours. We have about 3 -31/2 hours at the resort which I felt like was just the perfect amount of time. There wasn't a ton of activities other than the pool, water volley ball and a small playground for kids. As we were leaving they started to get dancing going. It was a lot of fun if you looking for a day to lounge at the beach. If you are looking for beautiful water Progreso will not give you that. Far out the water is pretty however the ocean there is very shallow so the waves pick up a lot of sand making the water close to shore very brown and murky.

We have not done this however you can take the free shuttle into downtown and get onto Corona beach which is a public beach and the drink are inexpensive ($1-$2 for a beer). This is a 5 minute bus ride if that to the drop off and then walking distance to the beach. I think this may be the best bet for you wanting to do an at leisure day. Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...