New Diamond Lounge on VOS

Any Diamonds or above been on VOS since the refurb?

Just wondering what the new Diamond Lounge is like - is it a good size, nice views, opening hours etc etc

Regards drinks - are they giving out daily tickets as well as happy hour & does anyone have a pic of the drinks menu?

Thanks. :)

Any Diamonds or above been on VOS since the refurb?

Just wondering what the new Diamond Lounge is like - is it a good size, nice views, opening hours etc etc

Regards drinks - are they giving out daily tickets as well as happy hour & does anyone have a pic of the drinks menu?

Thanks. :)

They took over a third the Viking Crown lounge so has a good view. Though I personally still think of the area as public, and it wasn't originally designed that way so don't find it ideal. But it generally works. Size is usually sufficient for cruises in our region, as there still aren't that many diamonds proportionally. The lounge is accessible 24 hours, but drinks are only during the celebration time, and snacks then and some limited other times, plus a light continental breakfast.

They've converted all ships to getting three drink credits on your card now - but only during the celebration period, not all day.

I thought I read the DL took over the space of the old 19th hole bar. Did they also extended it into the Viking Crown lounge as well? Good for us if they did.

I've only been on VOS once before the refurb & didn't spend much time up there (never any seats available) so I don't think of the area as public & I assume the new Diamond lounge has a solid wall dividing it from the rest of the lounge?

As you say not too many Diamonds & above as yet on cruises out of Sydney, so should be able to get a seat most days at least! :D

What were the celebration hours on VOS 5pm - 8pm?

Am I correct that the system on VOS is 3 drinks (on your card) for use outside the DL during the celebration hours, but still unlimited inside the DL during that time?

Found a pic of a drinks menu from 2014 here - is this much the same on VOS can you recall?

Royal has a habit I find of doing things a little differently on each ship at times. So it's good to know what the go is when we cruise on her next month, especially since the DL is a new addition to VOS. :)

We just got off Voyager on Tuesday and the Diamond drinks area is on deck 14 Viking lounge which overlooks the pool area. It's a very lovely area and they were very generous with the drinks. There was only 50+ Diamond members on that cruise. They also put 3 drink vouchers on your sea pass to use in any bar area to be used from 5-8.30pm.

hi all we are on Voyger now sailing out of Noumea , don't know how many drinks you have to see the pool ,but The diamond lounge looks out to sea and has private deck to rock climbing wall . Open for unlimited drinks 5 pm till 8;30 plus three drinks to have with non members at the other bars :)

pete & jodie

Thanks for all the updates. :)

Are they letting you leave the DL with a drink or enforcing they must be drunk inside the DL?

What are the nibblies like? - We had some excellent finger food type snacks on Celebrity last year - not that we need more food but they were so delicious we couldn't help but have a few - good not to drink on an empty stomach after all!! :D

* Yes, we were allowed to take our drinks out of the D Lounge.

* Our favorite was the crispy chicken wings. They also had chocolate covered strawberries, mini spring rolls, breaded shrimp, breaded scallops, meatballs, and mini "pigs in a blanket". Oh, cheese and crackers as well. Note: It's not all there every night. It changes nightly.

* The deck is exclusive to the D lounge and it's partial. You can't walk across the rock climbing wall area.

* Ely (Elizabeth) is one of the best Concierge we have ever met.

* The bartenders are great, most specially Jonathan, will be happy to make you a special drink. :)

Lounge_Diamond.jpg.f687b44ee33952d664dccc82dc70c821.jpg

You can have unlimited drinks in the DL and three complimentary drinks in any of the bars (no restaurants). If you exhaust your drinks in the bars, you can then go to the DL to continue drinking with the further compliments of Royal:)

Because of the complimentary drinks in the bars, you may now leave the DL with a drink in hand;) and a lot of people do just that and go to the MDR with said drink in hand:cool:

The drinks on our cards is to keep the numbers down in the DL and it also enables Diamond/Diamond+ members to have complimentary drinks with non-Diamond member friends and/or family.

Cheers

Di

Enjoyed the D lounge on both Voyager last year and the Explorer just recently.

Food is put out several times a day, breakfast from 7 til 10, morning tea from 11-12, afternoon tea 3-4 and cocktail hours 5-8.30.

They even encouraged us to take a one for the road drink to the MDR when we protested but they insisted. Ketut was lovely.:D