Getting to Temae Beach Moorea

mjthecruiser

What is the best way to bet to Tamae Beach from cruise port? If by cab, do they take American dollars and about how much does it cost? Do they take charges?

Not cheap! They should take American Dollars.

You could also take the bus. The bus runs on the schedule of the ferry boats. I've attached the ferry schedule.

Now follow me here .......... lets look at Aremiti Ferry 2 on a Friday, a normal day for the PG to be moored in Moorea. Notice there is a ferry leaving Moorea at 11:30am. This would place the bus picking up passageners heading to the ferry at the Cooks Bay tender location about 10:30am. You would need to be across the street from the tender location as that would be the side the bus heading to the ferry would be on. So you take the 10:00am tender and then head over to the bus pickup location. If the tender drop off location is in the other bay the buss would be at the main road on the mountain side around 10:00am, plan on taking a tender about 9:30am. Wave for the driver to stop and pick you up. After the driver picks you up tell them you want to be dropped off at Tamae Beach. It's $2 USD per person each way or the local equivalent.

You will be dropped off at the entrance of Tamae Beach, a short 1/8 mile of walking and your there.

On the return let's look at Aremiti 5 ferry. It leaves Tahiti on Friday's at 3:00pm. Will arrive in Moorea at 3:30pm. Bus will leave the ferry terminal around 3:50pm. Should drive by the Tamae Beach entrance around 4:00pm. Again wave at the driver, tell them you want to be dropped of at the tender location for your ship.

Hope this helps ......... I've done it, love the cultural experience. Make sure your back to the ship on time ;)

Moorea Ferry2.pdf

Rent a car so can get to other places as well. I have done this three times. Cheaper to rent the car than take a cab! Circle the island, stop for lunch at snack Mahana, go to the juice factory and agricultural school/Belvedere etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by twin123185

• 3 weeks later...
When you rent a car in Moorea, where do you pick it up? I am seeing airport pickup and have no idea how far that is from port.

Pick up at port. AVIS will take you to the IC to get car and Alberts will have cars at the port. Reserve in advance. Far far in advance if you need an automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...