Fort Lauderdale Airport to Port of Miami

sam73

Can anyone tell me the best and cheapest way to do this. I have not bought my airfare for my cruise out of miami in nov. I keep checking prices and it seems it is much cheaper to fly into fll. The difference in price is $230 a ticket. I have 3 tickets to buy so that is a lot of money. Is it worth it? I will be flying in the day before my cruise and staying at the holidayinn port of miami. Thank you

The Tri-County Airport Express shuttle service is $18 per person.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

No reservations required. When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

A private towncar would be $10 more then the shuttle for the three of you. At $64 that's a pretty good deal.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/private.html

Can anyone tell me the best and cheapest way to do this. I have not bought my airfare for my cruise out of miami in nov. I keep checking prices and it seems it is much cheaper to fly into fll. The difference in price is $230 a ticket. I have 3 tickets to buy so that is a lot of money. Is it worth it? I will be flying in the day before my cruise and staying at the holidayinn port of miami. Thank you

Saving $700 On flights is awesome & one of the reasons a lot of people find flying in to fort lauderdale so much better than miami this site covers all the different ways to get between the two cities.

http://www.fort-lauderdale-to-miami.com/

As Bequia mentioned getting a towncar is great idea & a lot less stressfull than the shuttle.

I am actually doing the same thing next month. I am coming in a day before so I rented a car from FLL drop off at MIA. Alamo and most others have a shuttle to the port. Actually got it on Priceline for $20 so that worked out best for me.

We are doing the same thing. I booked thru A1 Limo from FLL to InterContinental is $63 in a towncar. It is so worth it to not deal with the shuttle which really is only $9 cheaper. I rather have someone holding my name on a sign and help us with our luggage and get on the road ASAP.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

We just finished a Caribbean cruise and we flew to Ft Lauderdale and then caught a shuttle to the Port of Miami. It was very easy to do. There is a kiosk right outside of the airport, we said where we wanted to go and the gentleman guided us to the appropriate shuttle. It was $20 per person and the drive was approximately 45 mins. Upon Disembarking our cruise ship is was just as easy to find a shuttle back to Ft Lauderdale airport. There were a number of shuttle lined up outside and the price/time was the same. So I would definately say it was worth flying into Ft lauderdale to save some $$$.

I just want to make sure that coming back after cruise you just got off the ship and there were shuttles to take to FLL airport without any reservations? thanks your help!! we didn't want to bookanything but didn't want to get stuck taking a taxi if we didn't have to. thanks

We are doing the same thing. I booked thru A1 Limo from FLL to InterContinental is $63 in a towncar. It is so worth it to not deal with the shuttle which really is only $9 cheaper. I rather have someone holding my name on a sign and help us with our luggage and get on the road ASAP.

Good luck!

This is what we do too!

The savings on the airfare alone paid for the hotel for 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale AND the limo to the port.

It was WELL worth it!

HAVE FUN!

:)

As I mentioned in another post, we like to stay in Fort Lauderdale, even when cruising out of Miami like we did last month. There seems to be so much more to do (that we like!) and we're familiar with how to get around the town.

We like Fort Lauderdale Beach, the water taxi, and the Las Olas area for shopping and dining, as well as the hotels.

The money we saved flying and staying in Fort Lauderdale allowed us to hire a limo to get us to the port and back! There are 4 of us, so the price was only a little more than messing around with a shared shuttle.

We used LARRY'S LIMO, and they were GREAT!

http://www.larryslimo.com/Vehicles/Vehicles.htm

As I mentioned in another post, we like to stay in Fort Lauderdale, even when cruising out of Miami like we did last month. There seems to be so much more to do (that we like!) and we're familiar with how to get around the town.

We like Fort Lauderdale Beach, the water taxi, and the Las Olas area for shopping and dining, as well as the hotels.

The money we saved flying and staying in Fort Lauderdale allowed us to hire a limo to get us to the port and back! There are 4 of us, so the price was only a little more than messing around with a shared shuttle.

We used LARRY'S LIMO, and they were GREAT!

http://www.larryslimo.com/Vehicles/Vehicles.htm

About how much was the limo service from FLL to hotel in downtown Miami for 4 people.

About how much was the limo service from FLL to hotel in downtown Miami for 4 people.

About $100 +tip, and you can pay with credit card! Included personal service and bag handling in a stretch limo, with water and soda on ice.

Service to the port is about $10 more due to some port fees.

What a great relaxing way to start and end your vacation!

HAVE FUN!

:)

• 11 months later...

We always use easy express.

Price depends on the amount of people in your party.

We had 10 and paid 9.95 per person + tip

they leave every half hour from the fort lauderdale airport.

Google search: Easy express. They dont provide babyseats, you have to bring your own. Good service.

Stay away from the bayside continental hotel, biscayne blvd, across from the port. Look it up in the searchengine of miami herald.

• 2 years later...

I know this is a little late for the initial inquirer but for anyone coming late to this site looking for this type of information I hope my comments will be of great use to you. For our cruise leaving from the Port of Miami on 2/7/2012 in which we arrived in FL via Ft Lauderdale Airport (FLL) we used SAS Transportation. I sent them an email, ridesas954@sol.com , in advance (about 10 days before we were scheduled to arrive) to arrange pick up at the airport and for return from the terminal. Upon arrival at FLL I called them and within 5 minutes they were there. Even though it was just my wife and I, the fare to the Port of Miami via the Van they sent was only $15.00 per person to which I added a $10.00 tip as he also loaded our suitcases on and off the van. Upon our return to Miami, I called just prior to going through Customs and again (about 35 minutes latter) just after we finished. The Van arrived within 5 minutes of our getting to the curb in the front of the terminal Again it was just my wife and myself and again the fare was only $15.00. These guys were great, prompt and inexpensive. I heartily recommend anyone arriving at FLL going to anywhere in Miami, Port or otherwise, use their service.

Gene

Archived