Half Moon Cay cabana map

dotcomgirl

In my searches for which cabana to pick on HMC, I found that there really is no detailed (numbered/colored) map to help show people cabana locations along with the new beach villa locations. So.... I used my references found online and changed a regular map in Photoshop to show the cabanas. I colored each one the color it actually is and also numbered them. I also labeled the beach villas. They are lettered and are the red squares. According to Carnival's website, beach villas D and E are wheelchair accessible. I added in the Pirate Ship Bar as well.

Now please keep in mind that I have never personally been to HMC, so if any part of my map changes are incorrect, just let me know and I will fix it! I can't wait to visit HMC for the first time this October!

I hope this map is useful for someone!

cabanas.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you SO much! This is exactly what I was looking for! We are renting a cabana on HMC for our Dec. 2013 cruise (our first time to HMC)- can't wait!!!!! :D :D :D

Enjoy. You'll wish you could stay forever.

Smudgecat, the cabana is worth every penny, you will love it and half moon cay. I would recommend avoiding all excursions on hmc and enjoying the beach, also, avoid cabana 1. It is not as private as others and kids will not resoect the fact that it is private at all. They will use it as a bridge...

also, avoid cabana 1. It is not as private as others and kids will not resoect the fact that it is private at all. They will use it as a bridge...

ANY cabana is better than no cabana at all.

• 1 month later...

dotcomgirl you hit the cabanas right on the head. I was in Half Moon Cay three years ago and this past weekend and you have them all right. Several suggestions if anyone is going there. If you like crowds go to anything before the Pirate ship. The music can be heard up to cabana 8. I would recommend 7, 8 or 9, 6 is next to the rental area and too close to the pirate ship bar. The road behind the cabanas go to the food building. The bathroom is behind 9 but away from it by the pick up road. They don't give beer with the package any more as in the past. The two story cabanas are nice for larger groups 8-12 but for 4-8 people the small ones are no problem. The reps don't bother you if more people are there.

Jem, thanks for the post! I have a booked villa two story in another week, which villas would you recommend first?

D seems to be ideally located. Far enough away from Captain Morgan's bar. No need to worry about bathrooms, as there is one in the Villa.

Thanks much! I will shoot for D. Only just a few photos and videos of the villas so far online. Loved our cabana last time wth 5 people, but 8 would be at the edge, so villa!

We had E a few weeks ago. Loved it. We were 15 - 10 adults and 5 kids (2-9 years old). It was perfect. A few of us and most of the kids spent the whole day in the water so we were never packed in there. I could care less about the hot tub, but I guess it's nice if its cooler or really bad weather.

Thanks much! I will shoot for D. Only just a few photos and videos of the villas so far online. Loved our cabana last time wth 5 people, but 8 would be at the edge, so villa!

More than four in a cabana is too close for comfort, IMO. The villa will give you plenty of room to spread out.

We have a villa booked for our upcoming cruise and based on the map (which is awesome! Thanks to the OP!) it looks like 'D' would be our first choice.

Can anyone tell me how far of a walk it is? We'll have a couple of people in our party that are a little older and may have difficulty with a long walk on a sandy beach.

Thanks!

We have a villa booked for our upcoming cruise and based on the map (which is awesome! Thanks to the OP!) it looks like 'D' would be our first choice.

Can anyone tell me how far of a walk it is? We'll have a couple of people in our party that are a little older and may have difficulty with a long walk on a sandy beach.

Thanks!

My fellow cheese head, If you're referring to how far of a walk it is from the dock to the villa, there is a tram with seats that runs behind the cabanas. The tram is really a pickup truck with seats on the back. It helps those with mobility problems.

My fellow cheese head, If you're referring to how far of a walk it is from the dock to the villa, there is a tram with seats that runs behind the cabanas. The tram is really a pickup truck with seats on the back. It helps those with mobility problems.

True. The only issue is the tram is not all that easy to climb into if you have mobility issues.

Sorry for the delayed response had to work.

I would go for 7 it's between two small cabanas, the crowd there isn't too bad and the bar is close by with the music playing. On the big cabanas like posted by others D would be the one. If you don't get on the ship early and go to book first thing you will not get the one you want. The first time I got a cabana I was one of the first on and got what I wanted 7. This time I got on a half hour later from the start of boarding and got 9. Only 1, 2, 3 and past 9 were left for small cabanas.

When I checked the cooler that had the soda in the ice was melted. Just grab a bar attendant and they will get it for you. Two large bottles of water were in the fridge. You now fill out a card when you pick your cabana for the soda flavors and give sizes for the snorkeling equipment , four sets. One big problem was the shortage of beach chairs for people who came later to the island.

Sorry for the delayed response had to work.

I would go for 7 it's between two small cabanas, the crowd there isn't too bad and the bar is close by with the music playing. On the big cabanas like posted by others D would be the one. If you don't get on the ship early and go to book first thing you will not get the one you want. The first time I got a cabana I was one of the first on and got what I wanted 7. This time I got on a half hour later from the start of boarding and got 9. Only 1, 2, 3 and past 9 were left for small cabanas.

When I checked the cooler that had the soda in the ice was melted. Just grab a bar attendant and they will get it for you. Two large bottles of water were in the fridge. You now fill out a card when you pick your cabana for the soda flavors and give sizes for the snorkeling equipment , four sets. One big problem was the shortage of beach chairs for people who came later to the island.

It sounds like you are referring to cabanas. The question was regarding Beach Villas, they are lettered, A, B, C, D and E.