Labadee Beaches

Klstaack

Good Afternoon,

This upcoming cruise will be my first trip to Labadee. I am wondering if Labadee has an adults only beach.

I really would like a cabana but those are no longer available online and I'm sure my chances of walking up on day 1 after we board to get one is slim since we are not suite guests.

Thank you.

Good Afternoon,

This upcoming cruise will be my first trip to Labadee. I am wondering if Labadee has an adults only beach.

I really would like a cabana but those are no longer available online and I'm sure my chances of walking up on day 1 after we board to get one is slim since we are not suite guests.

Thank you.

I've not seen an adults only beach at Labadee. The only restricted beach that I know of is Barefoot Beach, and that is for cabana guests, inlcuding kids.

No "adult only" beaches, but if you don't stop at the 1st beach you come to, which is ALWAYS crowded, you will find more secluded areas! No worries! If you find loungers in an area, and you want to move them in or out of the sun, go ahead! You don't have to sit where the loungers are! Move them!

Edited by cb at sea

Sorry, what does this mean - I don't understand at all ?????

The OP has cruise tickers in their signature placed side-by-side. This makes web pages on some devices get wider and have scroll bars. If the tickers are stacked on top of each other, it keeps the screen width more manageable.

Edited by clarea

OP when you get off the ship go to the beaches on the right…..either Nellie's Beach or Columbus Cove. In the past we have found the beaches and water there to be almost rock free. You also get a nice view of the ship. We have found the beaches on the left side of the island to be more rocky.

OP when you get off the ship go to the beaches on the right…..either Nellie's Beach or Columbus Cove. In the past we have found the beaches and water there to be almost rock free. You also get a nice view of the ship. We have found the beaches on the left side of the island to be more rocky.

I second this--we tried the other side of the island because we hoped it would be less crowded, which it was. The beaches were not nearly as nice as Columbus Cove. In any case, water shoes are recommended because of rock and coral in the water.

I was on Liberty last week and went to the excursion desk when we got onboard. I had no problem getting an on the water cabana. It was $255. It didn't look like they were all rented when we were at Nellie's Beach, which surprised me. We loved it! The water was amazing and we had great views of the ship. Nellie's was far enough away that it wasn't too crowded on the beach.

I was on Liberty last week and went to the excursion desk when we got onboard. I had no problem getting an on the water cabana. It was $255. It didn't look like they were all rented when we were at Nellie's Beach, which surprised me. We loved it! The water was amazing and we had great views of the ship. Nellie's was far enough away that it wasn't too crowded on the beach.

Hi! We were on the Liberty last week too and had a cabana at Nellie's beach. Were you in #4 by any chance?

OP - Be prepared.....these cabanas are nothing like Disney's! Disney's was well worth the money. RCL's are cheaper, but not the same as Disneys.

I'll have to give it a try. I think the over water ones look like they could be fun.

We had #3 over the water and I regret it. A friend had the same one in the fall and said that #3 and #4 were the best, so I requested it. While the view was great..... #3 and #4 shared a ladder in and out of the water (#4 cabana mates were very nice and friendly!!) people were using the ladder to get out of the water not knowing it led up to the private cabanas. People would climb up and out and then be like...oh, how do I get out of here? out down our cabanas steps. We also had an incident where a young girl asked to take a picture from the cabana steps....well a few minutes later her friends swam up and it went from a picture to a photo shoot. The cabana attendant was sweeping out the cabanas and saw they didn't belong and asked them to leave. They said they weren't bothering anyone, so he called security. By the end of the day multiple people were using the rocks to jump in the water.

Actually, I think we may have been in #4! I only saw one person briefly on our steps that wasn't in a cabana, so luckily we didn't have a photo shoot problem. Some of the cabanas have a pool type ladder you have to climb up and down to get into the water, which is not easy with the mats, so I felt we lucked out with what we got.

Actually, I think we may have been in #4! I only saw one person briefly on our steps that wasn't in a cabana, so luckily we didn't have a photo shoot problem. Some of the cabanas have a pool type ladder you have to climb up and down to get into the water, which is not easy with the mats, so I felt we lucked out with what we got.

We shared a ladder with Cabana #4 that went into the water and it was not easy at all with the mats. DH had to hand them down once I was in. Maybe you were across the way? I realized after I posted that the people next to us were on their first cruise....I see you have been on a few! ;):D

do they rent clamshell covers? how much?

There are clamshells and chairs available from beach attendants for no charge, but please tip them. We tip fairly generously, both because I'd rather them drag things around the beach than me, and because they need it more than we do. I tipped $20 for 2 clamshells and 4 chairs placed next to each other in February. My dad requested (and got) a cabana when we boarded, but it turned out to be one of the platforms with the canopy and a sunbed for 2, not the wood structure. At $150 for the platform/cabana (that really only would have fit my parents), $20 for shade and chairs seemed like a screaming deal.

Oh nice,..you are the first person to mention that clamshells are free...just need to tip.

One of the reasons I want a cabana is for the shade. I'm from fl but I have no need or desire to lay in the sun.

We like the beach front ones on BB. We have had S2, S3, S4 & S5 on prior trips. They are private yet close to the water. They are behind the lounge chairs so people don't intrude. They are close to the rest rooms, buffet, and bar. I would do S4 and S5 anytime.

Going up and down stairs doesn't interest met and the expanse of sand in front of us is awesome. We can see plenty of ocean and it's only a couple hundred feet to the water. Plus the showers are between you and the ocean so you don't have to double back to get to your cabana.

Over Ocean sounds cool, but I am not that impressed with looking at them.