New Cruiser Pool Question re: Carvival Glory

We call the pools with kids in them the 'pee pools"! The Glory has a pool and two hot tubs in the very back of the lido deck which is supposed to be adults only. But, sometimes kids will get in them and if there isn't security or pool person there no one tells them 'no kids.' I have told kids to get out of the hot tub and point out the sign that says 'adult only'. There is also a cover that slides over this part of the deck at around 6 every night. The cover stays on if its raining.

If you are wondering about chlorine, both fresh and salt water pools are chlorinated.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought that if the ship is far enough out to sea and the pool is not a hot tub, then they did some sort of a filtered flow through of sea water?

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought that if the ship is far enough out to sea and the pool is not a hot tub, then they did some sort of a filtered flow through of sea water?

They can, but since they have to change back when within 20 miles again, and the pool needs to be closed for the hour or two while the chlorine level stabilizes, most ships only change to flow through if there are more than one sea day in a row.

They can, but since they have to change back when within 20 miles again, and the pool needs to be closed for the hour or two while the chlorine level stabilizes, most ships only change to flow through if there are more than one sea day in a row.

Makes sense, thanks.

It might make for uncomfortable conversation but 5 or 6 bladders being emptied every hour in a [cruise ship] pool amounts to the proverbial drop in the bucket when measured by volume. It's a good thing sea creatures and sea birds go ashore to relieve themselves when nature calls because there are hundreds and hundreds of millions of them.

Can you imagine swimming in the ocean if they didn't?

Talk about an elegant way to reach my 300th post!

Edited by Magnum60