YVR Hotel to Airport Shuttles

spcl4cs_gal

I spent hours researching hotels in Vancouver and I didn't find any with a shuttle. We are staying at the Blue Horizon after our cruise in September and we plan on just catching a taxi to the airport. Maybe somebody will have a better answer for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nope, you're bang on the nose with your info Floridanamaw.

YVR is approx 10 miles from downtown. As soon as the Canada Line opened the shuttle services to downtown stopped - there's simply not enough demand to run a combined shuttle, let alone an individual shuttle for a single hotel. You can find cruise shuttles, that pick up at various hotels in the burbs and bring you to the pier, or vice versa, for approx $15pp. Unless you're traveling solo this is rather poor value when a cab runs $30-40 (all taxis are metered, no fixed rate fares).

If I recall correctly you were actually traveling solo, coming off a cruise and staying on in Vancouver for a sports event? I believe I already explained some transit options to you, including the value of getting a 10-pack of FareSaver tickets - if memory serves you thought you'd have a few leftover. Just use one of those to get on the Canada Line out to YVR - unless your flight is well before 7am the first train out to YVR will get you there in enough time since you're flying Domestic.

If you have a super-early flight your options are cab, even more expensive but no faster towncar, or to be there ridiculously early on the last night bus service as the last bus that continues to YVR leaves downtown at 3:09am (N10 via YVR).

We are staying at the Blue Horizon after our cruise in September...

Nice! :) We have stayed there twice for our anniversary weekend. I do hope you have paid the extra for a room on a higher floor... if not, I would kindly suggest you consider this. The views from the upper floors are magnificent!

Do any hotels in downtown Vancouver have shuttle service to the airport? :confused:

None that I'm aware of, but the local subway runs straight from the airport to downtown (to Waterfront Stn, 3 blocks from Canada Place). Even with the airport surcharge taking the fare to $9 (only when leaving airport); it's a deal vs a taxi which is generally around $40, and it's also faster than a taxi during the main (busy) part of the day. Look for "Skytrain Canada Line" (all the elevated/subway lines are called Skytrain - you want the Canada Line).