anyone been to plaza resort recently

eddiep

I was there a few weeks ago, and it was great - just be sure you bring water shoes if you plan to snorkle. Lots of big rocks close to shore , but of course, rocks and coral are where you find the fish, not on bare sand.

It is my regular spot in Bonaire. There were 2 ships in port and most taxi drivers and shore staff were channeling people the other direction to Eden and the resort next to it, and I wanted to avoid those crowds.

Still just $10 for the day for chair, umbrella, all facilities, but no shuttle any more (that I saw).

It is walkable, if you prefer - 15 - 20 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Here is a video I took in Bonaire March 2013 snorkling at the Plaza Resort. Great reef and they only charge $5.00 a person to use their facilities. It's about a 20 minute walk from the Cruise port.

Anyone been to plaza resort recently. Trip Advisor reviews not too flattering. Do they still run a free shuttle service from the cruise dock

Thx for any help

Eddiep

I asked them when we were there in March if they still have the shuttle and the was no they stopped it.

Here is a email we got back from them Dec, 2012:

Yes we do offer day passes. It would be $15 per person for a non-alcoholic drink, sun bed, use of facilities and towel. When you return the towel, you will receive $5 back!

Just visit the gate at the front entrance that day and purchase your passes!

We had towels but they only charged up $5.00 a person.

• 2 weeks later...

We saw a Manta Ray while diving from a boat off their beach last week. The divesite is called 18th Palm. Imo, there is better snorkeling elsewhere on Bonaire and especially Klein Bonaire. The shallow reef was destroyed in a storm a few years ago here and other nearby divesites. I also dove Windsock off the airport which some years ago was an astounding snorkel site and now is sand and coral rubble. I suggest Klein for snorkeling using the water taxi or maybe the Woodwind......

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a video I took in Bonaire March 2013 snorkling at the Plaza Resort. Great reef and they only charge $5.00 a person to use their facilities. It's about a 20 minute walk from the Cruise port.

We stayed there a couple of times many years ago before the cruise ships visited; and, the snorkeling right off the pier was outstanding.

• 1 month later...

Archived