New MSC Divina traveller app

Norwegian Cruiser 73

Great news for Caribbean cruisers today:) A new MSC Divina app is ready. The service will be rolled out across the fleet as well.

Haven't found it on my android smartphone yet.

MSC Cruises has launched the new MSC Divina Traveler Web App, am app designed to enhance the mobile experience of guests enjoying MSC Divina’s Caribbean itineraries.

Completely free to download and to use onboard while the ship is sailing, the app is available in the company’s six official languages (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish) and provides guests with up-to-date information about the ship, route, conditions at sea and in ports of call, promotions in the ship’s various shops and boutiques, as well as activities and special events on board.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10312-msc-launches-msc-divina-traveler-web-app.html

Thank you for posting. I'll take a look for the app later today.

...now it's only a matter of time before regular MSC haters come on and tell us how bad the app is (probably before they even try it). ;-) Sorry...couldn't resist.

I, for one, can't wait to try it out over Christmas!

Note what it says about when it can be downloaded and used - "while the ship is sailing"

Completely free to download and to use onboard while the ship is sailing, the app is available in the company’s six official languages (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish) and provides guests with up-to-date information about the ship, route, conditions at sea and in ports of call, promotions in the ship’s various shops and boutiques, as well as activities and special events on board.

I wonder if you have to purchase a WiFi package to use it?

I'd be interested in this also...I thought we were supposed to put our phones on airplane mode and turn off data roaming to avoid charges for possible incoming voice messages, etc.

Thanks!

Barbara

I want to be able to stay connected with the kids while on the cruise via texting but found out that there are no texting packages from my cell provider for cruising...so will have to pay .75 for each text. I don't want any additional phone charges after getting home for calls, texts, data, etc. Is there a way to use this app and pay a known charge that would allow all of us to use our smart phones for staying connected on the ship without getting surprise extra charges when we get home? I suspect not and that is fine....post it notes in the rooms will have to do :-)

I want to be able to stay connected with the kids while on the cruise via texting but found out that there are no texting packages from my cell provider for cruising...so will have to pay .75 for each text. I don't want any additional phone charges after getting home for calls, texts, data, etc. Is there a way to use this app and pay a known charge that would allow all of us to use our smart phones for staying connected on the ship without getting surprise extra charges when we get home? I suspect not and that is fine....post it notes in the rooms will have to do :-)

there are 2 apps that u can use to keep connected, when in wifi - they are all free -

viber - u can text or call

whatsapp - is another great texting.

both are free to download, but both the user and recipient must have them installed - works perfect...

Thanks for the info on Viper and Whatsapp. Does that mean if we all install one of those free apps and then turn off data roaming on our phones and put them in airplane mode, that we can text for free and not get any additional charges on our cell plans when we get back home? To make this work, I assume we would need to buy a onboard package from MSC to have wifi access on the ship....is that correct? If it works this way, at least we would know exactly what texting will cost :-)

Thanks for the info on Viper and Whatsapp. Does that mean if we all install one of those free apps and then turn off data roaming on our phones and put them in airplane mode, that we can text for free and not get any additional charges on our cell plans when we get back home? To make this work, I assume we would need to buy a onboard package from MSC to have wifi access on the ship....is that correct? If it works this way, at least we would know exactly what texting will cost :-)

Although Viber has the potential to be a good app on land, unless you are buying the overpriced internet that the ship sells they won't work.

I'm also very interested in the MSC app, it sounds like it could be very interesting and very useful!

Royal Caribbean tried something similar when Oasis and Allure first launched, but you had to rent an iPhone from them..and it didn't work so well.

I'd be interested in this also...I thought we were supposed to put our phones on airplane mode and turn off data roaming to avoid charges for possible incoming voice messages, etc.

Thanks!

Barbara

Southwest Airline has a thing on their planes that allow you to access their web site while in airplane mode. You can watch TV shows or watch your flight progress on maps. Maybe it is something like that on MSC.

yes, just turn off date roaming, this will limit you to wifi - secondly - you can buy the internet package on the ship, and really it is not expensive for what you are looking to use it for, u can buy so many minutes - the other options, is when u are on land, i am sure there is always somewhere to get some free wifi to make some calls or texts with viber to home - ...

FYI, buying a small internet packge on the ship is ususally alot more economical than the roaming charges from your supplier - - i use it all the time and works great....

The MSC Divina Traveller App is only accessible onboard the ship. You don't need to purchase a WiFi package to access and it is completely free. To access the app, just open up a web browser on your smartphone and you will be prompted to login with your Internet ID that can be found on your cruise card.

Hope this helps!

The MSC Divina Traveller App is only accessible onboard the ship. You don't need to purchase a WiFi package to access and it is completely free. To access the app, just open up a web browser on your smartphone and you will be prompted to login with your Internet ID that can be found on your cruise card.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for this information.

Hope this helps!

THANKS MSC for the reply to this post see you next month :)

I've now read that MSC said we wouldn't have to pay for the new app and it didn't require internet package...Really newbie with this!

I thought we had to put our phones on Airplane Mode and shut off data roaming while sailing. If not, we would risk getting possible incoming voice message charges by our phone carrier. If that is correct, then how would we be able to put our web browser on to use new MSC app?

I'm probably missing something here.

Thanks for any clarification.

Barbara

I've now read that MSC said we wouldn't have to pay for the new app and it didn't require internet package...Really newbie with this!

I thought we had to put our phones on Airplane Mode and shut off data roaming while sailing. If not, we would risk getting possible incoming voice message charges by our phone carrier. If that is correct, then how would we be able to put our web browser on to use new MSC app?

I'm probably missing something here.

Thanks for any clarification.

Barbara

Airplane mode in most phones shuts off the "phone" communication operation.

Even with airplane mode on, most (newer) phones can turn on the wifi adapter so you can use wifi (if it's available)