Carnival Splendor - Embarkation Day Wedding vs Later in the cruise?

alisonpv

OK I have TONS of questions, so I'll start at the beginning.. What day to have the ceremony lol

I am trying to decide whether the ceremony should be on the first day or not.. It seems that an Embarkation Day wedding is REALLY rushed..

What time do you board if you're getting married the first day?

What time does everyone else board?

I hear that non sailing guests need to be off by 3:30?

Past Brides - do you regret having a wedding on Embarkation day? Was it too rushed?

OK I have TONS of questions, so I'll start at the beginning.. What day to have the ceremony lol

I am trying to decide whether the ceremony should be on the first day or not.. It seems that an Embarkation Day wedding is REALLY rushed..

What time do you board if you're getting married the first day?

What time does everyone else board?

I hear that non sailing guests need to be off by 3:30?

Past Brides - do you regret having a wedding on Embarkation day? Was it too rushed?

Hello!

I am not a past bride but I thought I could share my reasoning for a embarkation wedding.

I wanted to make it an option for people to sail. My fiance's parents aren't able to sail because he has younger siblings that will still be in school and it is important to us for them to be in attendance. Also, my grandfather is old and not in the best health and I want to make sure he is able to attend without needing to sail as well.

Embarkation day is a bit rushed and goes by fast from what I understand but another reason for my choice is that I want to enjoy the port itself during the cruise. Carnival unfortunately doesn't allow weddings at sea.

I believe it depends on your personal situation. If the most important people in your life are sailing and you don't mind certain people not being able to make it then by all means get married at a port if you want to avoid the hassle of an embarkation day wedding.

I was told that we needed to be at the port by 11am in NY. This includes bride/groom and guests. I want to try and avoid seeing my fiance so I think I am going to show up at 1030am so I can be the first one on. And my wedding coordinator did tell me non-sailing guests have to be off by 330p.

I was married on Carnival in Port, granted this was a few years ago. We Had to do it on the first day as it was the only day we would be in a USA port, and we did not want a mexican wedding certificate or deal with all the stuff that came with it.

The gal that did the ceramony was not a carnival person rather someone from LA. It was rushed and went very fast, and yes the non sailing guest had to be off by 3:30. It was fun but I do not remember much of the day lol, it was a wirlwind.

Archived