Dining Packages not available on Cruise Planner

4ready2cruz

We were on the Infinity this September. I had booked a 3 dinner package but once on board found the Tuscan grill had been changed to a la carte pricing, the US United States restaurant no longer existed, and Sushi on 5 became the third restaurant in the package since the US United States had disappeared and was also a la carte so we paid for 3 specialty dinners only to find 2 of the restaurants were a la carte pricing. We could have eaten at Tuscan Grill and Sushi 5 for less than what we paid for the dinner package. By the way, the meal in the Tuscan Grill was probably the worst meal I have ever had on a cruise ship and personally I don't think the quality of the food in any of the specialty restaurants was worth paying the extra surcharge for.

So overall, it appears Celebrity is going to a la carte pricing in it's specialty restaurants and that's probably why dinner packages no longer appear on the cruise planner.

No packages are available for my January Silhouette sailing, either....I think we are just going to wait and see what available when we board. We have always pre-purchased the packages in the past, only to see them selling dinners everyday around the ship for larger discounts than what the package offered.

I had also been looking daily to book the 3 dinner specialty dining package for our Jan. 2017 Equinox cruise but they were not available. Today they were finally available but the price had increased. I can't remember if the 3 dinner package was $89 or $99 but it is now $109. The 5 dinner package is now $159. I guess procrastination didn't pay off this time!

I had also been looking daily to book the 3 dinner specialty dining package for our Jan. 2017 Equinox cruise but they were not available. Today they were finally available but the price had increased. I can't remember if the 3 dinner package was $89 or $99 but it is now $109. The 5 dinner package is now $159. I guess procrastination didn't pay off this time!

Here's my take. Although I like planning ahead, (it makes the cruise seem closer) DH and I drop our Type A personalities at the gangplank and are relaxed, go with the flow cruisers. We have found that the discounts we've gotten on board from the specialty dining venues were as good, or better than the packages. We were willing to be flexible about our dining times and venues (and we tend to dine late), but have always gotten into the venues we wanted. Plus if you book the packages, you select your first specialty, and they choose the rest. Since we don't care for Tuscan Grill, we prefer to book onboard any make our own choices and negotiations. We did not sail Holiday cruises, and I read here that those might be issues, but your sailing in Jan. is not a Holiday cruise. The other benefit is that if you book on board, you can use OBC to pay for your splurge.