Cosol - what time did you get back from tour?

jccruiser

I'm just a little worried about what time the tour will be finished - Cosol has indicated 51/2-6 hours, which means getting back by 2.30 - but we sail at 4pm and are tendered. Concerned this may be a little tight time-wise.

Any comments would be welcome. Thanks:)

Not sure of the exact time, but we probably had about 1-1 1/2 hours to shop around the pier area. Cosol is very familiar with the cruise schedules, he will get you back to the ship in plenty of time. BTW, you shouldn't have to tender there is a dock?

I'm just a little worried about what time the tour will be finished - Cosol has indicated 51/2-6 hours, which means getting back by 2.30 - but we sail at 4pm and are tendered. Concerned this may be a little tight time-wise.

Any comments would be welcome. Thanks:)

We were on QM2 and in St. Lucia last Tuesday, Nov. 7th. We had to tender because the harbor isn't deep enough for the ship to get into, and we left at 4:00. We toured with Cosol and had a fabulous time, but he wasn't aware that all aboard was at 3:30 (last tender left the pier at 3:30). When we told him, he moved things along faster and we got back to the pier at 3:15. He is now aware that QM2 will be in St. Lucia every 10 days during her Caribbean season the next few months and the last tender leaves at 3:30. Our tour group was very large--9 vans--and I'm sure we ended up taking longer at each stop because there were so many of us, which made it later than normal getting back to the pier.

I wouldn't think so - we got back around 2:30 in March and all the ships were leaving at 5 or 6 PM. As far as I know this is about the standard time for the tour to return. We had plenty of time to do some shopping around the port before getting back on the ship.

We went with Cosol last week Sunday 11/11. Great time!!! One thing for passangers with carnival, we stayed on ship time which was 1 hour behind island time. When receiving our confirmation with Cosol he had us meet at 9:20am which was an hour later than he had planned causing our tour to be shortened a bit. Some had actually missed the tour because we left promptly at 9:30. Just confirm with Cosol, Island or Ship time so you don't miss this great tour. You must sample his special island rum!! As for getting back to the ship on time- no problems at all, he works out all the details before you start. Enjoy!!

Does the tour get shortened--miss stops or shorten time at the beach--due to the early return needed by Queen Mary 2 passengers?

No, everyone got the full tour--although I must admit the van drivers wasted absolutely no time at all driving back to the pier! :eek: It's a good thing those vans have seat belts!

Archived