Brochures by mail

dibati2

How does one end the continuous brochures by mail?

I've check the Regent website, thought perhaps I would just update my profile, but that wasn't an option that I could see

I then attempted to email Regent but couldn't see an email option other than those offered for FAQs

The mail is continuous and I don't need it. Let's save some trees and perhaps help reduce the cost of Regent cruises too [emoji41]

I am inundated with Regent Brochures as well. We have not sailed Regent in seven years. A terrible waste of money and trees. Most luxury lines i.e. Crystal send e-mail alerts and one large Atlas for the next two year sailings which is enough.

With Regent it is almost every week. I get enough junk mail that I can't stop.

Book a lot of Regent cruises and it will stop;) We rarely get Regent brochures.

On the other hand, Regent management personnel read the Regent board. Hopefully (fingers crossed) they will speak up and give an email address to write to in order to solve the problem.

How does one end the continuous brochures by mail? [emoji41]

I may be fortunate, but in our area (and many new developments) there is a bank of mail boxes, instead of individual boxes at each home. We have a recycle bin right next to mail boxes. All those Regent and Oceania brochures never make it home. Still, it doesn't solve the problem of killing trees [emoji53] thou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like there isn't an easy solution to this problem. Perhaps I'll call Regent and see if someone there can help

These days I would say, most people do their cruise research on line. Such a costly waste and Regent/Oceania mail these things so frequently

With most businesses these days looking for ways to trim costs this would be an easy one

Call Regent and ask to be removed from the brochures.

Usually it takes one or two month.

Keith

I have done that, and also asked my rep at Regent (by phone and email). That has not worked! Maybe I should keep pestering them every time I get a brochure.

I have done that, and also asked my rep at Regent (by phone and email). That has not worked! Maybe I should keep pestering them every time I get a brochure.

Put them in the post back to them. They might get the message then.

Put them in the post back to them. They might get the message then.

I do not believe that you can return advertisements via the post office in this country. If people could, a lot of "junk mail" would go back to the sender. While we get little junk mail, we simply put it in the recycle bin.

What we would like to see from Regent is a semi-annual booklet with all of the cruises in it to use as a reference. Obviously there are a lot of changes that happen within a six month time frame. These changes could be covered via email.

We get Regent/Oceania mailings at four different addresses - we had not been to one of the places in three weeks - when we picked up the mail there last week there were 17 different pieces of mail from Regent/Oceania which equates to almost one mailing each day.

I also sit on the board of my condo and we have to "store" the paper recyclables until collection day - the porters complain constantly about the number of Regent/Oceania catalogs and mailing that are received and recycled by the residents - we do not have this problem with any other travel entity. A few months ago the porters separated all the mailings from Regent/Oceania just to demonstrate to the board the amount of recyclables generated by one entity and it was about 15%.

I have a great idea - I wish that Regent would take 25% of the monies allocated for print advertising and use these funds to improve the website, which is antiquated by today's standards. If the website functioned properly, people would not be so reluctant to use it as their first source of information. I understand the need to send out catalogs -we love to look at the new catalog with the first announcement of trips (and we save it for future reference) - we do not need daily reminders off the offerings.

gnomie :)

We just got two more today and I did call Regent and asked them to remove me from the mailing list last week. Also I love how they throw the word FREE excursions around...of course they are really not free. Do you think inclusive would be a better word? I have never had any vendor send me this much junk mail.

I never get this much from Crystal or Silversea. Why not be able to opt out online or get them by way of e-mail or nothing? Crystal and SS just send me the one big Atlas every year and notify me of any new changes via e-mail which I trash from my computer.

Edited by Suite Travels

We just got two more today and I did call Regent and asked them to remove me from the mailing list last week. Also I love how they throw the word FREE excursions around...of course they are really not free. Do you think inclusive would be a better word? I have never had any vendor send me this much junk mail.

I never get this much from Crystal or Silversea. Why not be able to opt out online or get them by way of e-mail or nothing? Crystal and SS just send me the one big Atlas every year and notify me of any new changes via e-mail which I trash from my computer.

Agree with you! The only junk mail I've received lately is from NCL and river cruise companies - neither of which I have any interest in whatsoever. Do you get emails in addition to snail mail? Just curious. We get emails from Regent and occasionally Oceania. They don't bother me but I rarely read them.

I would be happy if the word "FREE" were replaced with "included".

Thank you all for responding- I'm absolutely astonished that there is no solution and that it is so universally unwanted.

I'm even more astonished that the cruise companies would not welcome an easy way to reduce costs

First world problem for sure!

A while back, I started a thread called "Way too much mail." The responses were interesting as quite a few people indicated they liked getting the mail. In any case, someone monitored the board and sent me the name of a person at Regent to contact to request our name be taken off the distribution list. That worked. We no longer receive brochures from Regent or Oceania.

I just reviewed all of the messages I have previously posted hoping to find the name of that contact. I did not see it. Perhaps someone else knows the name of the person who can work that magic?

Jackie, I get the e-mails as well and that is ok as I can choose to read them or delete them quickly. I do get a couple of river cruise brochures but not many. I wish we could get rid of all the junk mail clogging up our mailbox.

Thank you all for responding- I'm absolutely astonished that there is no solution and that it is so universally unwanted.

I'm even more astonished that the cruise companies would not welcome an easy way to reduce costs

I have abstained from reading the Regent CC Board for quite a while. I just returned & it seems that some things never change.

Although some cheerleaders make light of this issue, I found it quite annoying on several levels.

• The volume of brochures I received from Regent/Oceania was massive.
  • I viewed it as an unwanted intrusion into my home, only slightly less offensive than the telemarketing calls I get at dinner time.
  • I am not interested in the product. I sailed Regent once. It was not a good fit for me, and I do not plan to give them another shot in this lifetime. (That is a fairly short window.)
  • It is harmful to the environment and a terrible waste of resources based on the resources & energy required to print the material, deliver it to mailboxes, and deal with the trash that it becomes.
  • If I were a shareholder, I would be annoyed by the cost. If I were a customer, I would be disappointed if I thought it increased pricing to recover the cost of this “free” product.

Here is my history with the issue.

Several years ago, there was a similar thread on this topic. The beloved FDR came on the Board, provided his email address, & offered to fix the problem. I sent him my name & mailing address & asked that I be removed from the mailing lists. To my surprise, he responded almost immediately & said he would take care of it. To my disappointment, nothing changed. (In anticipation of posts to defend the beloved FDR, I do not mean to attack his integrity. I am sure he is a fine human being. He’s just not competent at removing names from the mailing list. I don't know that that skill should be required of a CEO.)

Fast forward some amount of time & the issue came up on another thread. This time, Mike Moore with PCH responded, provided his email address, and offered to take me off the mailing list. I emailed him my name & address. He also responded quickly & indicated it might take a few weeks. Mike delivered on his promise. My brochures from Regent/Oceania have stopped completely. Job well done Mike. He has helped the environment, reduced costs for Regent, and lowered my blood pressure. I thanked him privately & now I will thank him publicly and apologize for the email traffic this may cause him. This does seem to be an expensive way to handle mailing lists. His email is mmoore@prestigecruiseholdings.com

Thank you. I just e-mailed him and I hate to bother him with this but it is totally out of hand and if you want me to return to Regent this is not the way to do it by inundating me with weekly solicitations. Other luxury lines do not do this.

we get regent/oceania mailings at four different addresses - we had not been to one of the places in three weeks - when we picked up the mail there last week there were 17 different pieces of mail from regent/oceania which equates to almost one mailing each day.

I also sit on the board of my condo and we have to "store" the paper recyclables until collection day - the porters complain constantly about the number of regent/oceania catalogs and mailing that are received and recycled by the residents - we do not have this problem with any other travel entity. A few months ago the porters separated all the mailings from regent/oceania just to demonstrate to the board the amount of recyclables generated by one entity and it was about 15%.

I have a great idea - i wish that regent would take 25% of the monies allocated for print advertising and use these funds to improve the website, which is antiquated by today's standards. If the website functioned properly, people would not be so reluctant to use it as their first source of information. I understand the need to send out catalogs -we love to look at the new catalog with the first announcement of trips (and we save it for future reference) - we do not need daily reminders off the offerings.

Gnomie :)

here, here!!!!!

Thank you. I just e-mailed him and I hate to bother him with this but it is totally out of hand and if you want me to return to Regent this is not the way to do it by inundating me with weekly solicitations. Other luxury lines do not do this.

Hope you emailed Mike Moore and not FDR (guessing that you did). As you know, the CEO of any company is not responsible for their mailing list. All they can do is forward an email to the appropriate person.

I no longer suggest that people write to FDR because he is now CEO of the third largest cruise company in the world and has less time than he ever had to respond to emails. Mike Moore is the right person to contact. For bigger issues, I would contact the President of Regent.

P.S. Miles - not sure if Regent wants you to return but I'd love it if you did (only on the Explorer). I promise not to send you daily emails ;)

Hope you emailed Mike Moore and not FDR (guessing that you did). As you know, the CEO of any company is not responsible for their mailing list. All they can do is forward an email to the appropriate person.

I no longer suggest that people write to FDR because he is now CEO of the third largest cruise company in the world and has less time than he ever had to respond to emails. Mike Moore is the right person to contact. For bigger issues, I would contact the President of Regent.

P.S. Miles - not sure if Regent wants you to return but I'd love it if you did (only on the Explorer). I promise not to send you daily emails ;)

So, are you now the go between for "FDR" and NCL, Regent, Oceania?

I'm sure the gentlemen is very busy. May I write you instead with my issues?Mike might be busy after your post suggesting contacting him. By the way, who is the current president of operations of Regent, NCL, etc.? Do you have his email for contact?

I would also think that any CEO would welcome responces to emails, not passing it off to the appropriate person, what ever that means,but then again, I am not as familiar to cooperate operations at NCL as you seem to be.

So, are you now the go between for "FDR" and NCL, Regent, Oceania?

I'm sure the gentlemen is very busy. May I write you instead with my issues?Mike might be busy after your post suggesting contacting him. By the way, who is the current president of operations of Regent, NCL, etc.? Do you have his email for contact?

I would also think that any CEO would welcome responces to emails, not passing it off to the appropriate person, what ever that means,but then again, I am not as familiar to cooperate operations at NCL as you seem to be.

1. Another poster gave Mike Moore's email address - not me. However, he has offered his assistance on the Regent board so why not contact him?

2. I cannot imagine any CEO handling mailing list requests.

3. Regent and Oceania have the same president - NCL has their own.

I am probably guilty of defending FDR. No excuses or apologies.

Edited by Travelcat2

Yes, I did e-mail Mike thanks to the poster who who gave us the go to person. Why bother the CEO who will just forward the mail to the appropriate department. The CEO's of large companies cannot possibly read every e-mail this is why they have department heads.

Yes Jackie, the Explorer is a possibility down the road. We will wait for feedback when she is in service.

Edited by Suite Travels

this subject comes up time and time again. As someone with a P.O. box that I pay for, it is a huge irritant to get the volume of mail that we get from Regent and O, We have never ever requested Oceania stuff. Silversea is much less persistent. As a FORMER reader of CC, it seems that del Rio was never able to straighten this problem out or find someone that could. What about all the people who are not familiar with cruise critic and have no idea where to go to even attempt to stop this? I would think it is counter productive as it becomes just more junk mail that gets tossed along with all the other (but less weighty) stuff and no longer seems like a treat to occasionally look forward to as something special. WHOEVER is in charge of this company- whether a busy, busy bee or not, should be able to provided such a simple relief to current customers.

I can't help but notice that Regent gets criticized on other threads for some of their policies or their website. When people point out that other lines do the same thing, we get the "Just because other lines do it doesn't mean Regent should", yet when Regent markets more aggressively, they shouldn't do it because the other lines don't.

Poor Regent. Just can't win.