Newbie with 2 chooses

Johnny fish

First time cruiser :: it will be me and my dw. We r 55 and 58 . 7day carnival glory out of Miami in jan 2014. Or 5 day carnival paradise out of Tampa jan 2014 . Just worried. Being a first timer that 7 days would be to long for the first time . Any feed back would be great

First time cruiser :: 7day carnival glory out of Miami in jan 2014. Or 5 day carnival paradise out of Tampa jan 2014 . Just worried. Being a first timer that 7 days would be to long for the first time . Any feed back would be great

Anything less than 7 days is not a real cruise.;)

Either cruise is good, or rather "All cruises are great!"

Research the ships and the ports, and choose the one you like better. All found here in the Cruise Critic site.

Only comment is Paradise is a much older ship with fewer activities and dining choices, so it really depends on what you are looking for.

Have fun researching and whichever you choose, you will have fun.

Best of all, choose one for then, and later on, go on the other one.

My first cruise was a 5-day on Carnival. It was just barely enough to get a taste. Have since taken another 5-day. My advice to make sure you hit at LEAST two ports. While sea days are fun, just cruising out to ONE place and cruising back doesn't really give you the cruise experience.

The information that shorter cruises tend to draw a younger party crowd or families with young children is pretty accurate. That might also enter into your decision.

As people have said, time passes VERY quickly on a cruise. Whichever one you choose, it will likely be over too fast!!

ENJOY!

Seven days for sure. We are now at the stage where we want at least two weeks.

I have done a 5-day when we took our grandkids, on RCI, and it was just fine, not a party cruise at all; howerver, it was in January.

Remember, of those seven days, the first is half a day or less and the last is barely a few hours before you have to get off. I don't know exactly how the cruises you are looking at work, but often it's by nights.

I have done one 3, and several 4,5 and 7 night cruises. Twelve cruises in all. We just did a 7 night with 3 sea days which was one too many sea days for us. I like 7 nights the best with 1 or 2 sea days. I probably wouldn't do 3 nights ever again and 4 nights only if that was what i could afford or couldn't get the time off. I will say I didn't like being away fr. my kids for 7 nights esp. when they were young or when my elderly parents had health problems 7 nights felt so long to not be in touch by phone even though we would call fr. the ports

Johnny...I am 60 and my DH is 64. We have done 7 day cruises, 6 days, 5, 4, and 3 day cruises. What I look for in a cruise is the itinerary of the cruise. Go ahead and go on the 7 day cruise...you will love it. Our first cruise was a 7 day and it was fantastic. We did the Eastern Caribbean, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Nassau. It was great!!

We are getting ready to board our 10th cruise on the Carnival Victory out of Miami. It's a 5 day cruise. It goes to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau, Bahamas. We booked this one solely for the itinerary. I have just as much a relaxing time and fun time on a 5 day as I do the 7 day cruise, and I do not agree that the shorter cruises are the party cruises. We love to cruise out of Jacksonville, FL on the Fascination which is an older and smaller ship. I will jump on a 3 day cruise if it is going to Half Moon Cay in a heart beat!!! In my opinion, that island has one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the Caribbean!!! And a cruise on the Fascination is just perfect for us...relaxing if you want...dancing if you want...deck party if you want.... shows if you like them... A cruise is what you make it!!!

I can promise you one thing...after you cruise one time you will be hooked!!! Mike and I have only been cruising since Aug of 2011 and this cruise coming up is our 10th!! Of course all of our children are grown... we are both now retired...and we love to cruise!!! Have fun!!! I really think you will love it!!!

Archived