Club balcony

Jayneykul

Could anyone help me with what the difference is between a normal and a club balcony

On QM2 Club staterooms are on deck 12 close to the indoor pool.

Dining will be served in a specisl area of the MDR, no fixed seatings.

Bed linen is better quality.

Could anyone help me with what the difference is between a normal and a club balcony

You do get an Al A Carte menu that you don't get with standard Britannia dining. This menu is about 50% of the P-Grill Al a Carte menu, which in turn is about 50% of the Queens Grill Al a Carte menu.

Thank you for you help. Im not sure that is worth the price hike. Think will stick with normal balcony we were more than happy with that on our last voyage

General size and layout of cabins are pretty much the same as the BA balcony cabins (glass balcony), and similar to the sheltered balcony cabins. I believe a few "perks" such as no charge for bottled water.

Primary difference is single seating in separate section (more "intimate"?) at one corner of Britannia Restaurant (hence Britannia Club). So you are not tied to a specific dining time (just anytime when the restaurant is serving). Also, your table there is yours for all 3 meals each day -- same waitstaff, etc. A la carte options for dinner. It is a "bridge" between Britannia and Grills.

Depends what premium you put on these variations. As long as you are comfortable with either early or late dining, and not having "your own table" for all meals, Britannia is great. Breakfast and lunch in Britannia are nice opportunities to mingle and meet fellow passengers.

Breakfast and lunch in Britannia are nice opportunities to mingle and meet fellow passengers.
Quite right.

One of the advantages to me of taking breakfast and lunch in the Britannia Restaurant is NOT being tied to the same table, and the same dining companions, meal after meal after meal :( .

Because, as a rower, I will be seated at a "new" table every time I have breakfast or lunch in the Britannia Restaurant, I get to sit in different parts of the room, with changing views, on each and every visit. Far less boring than always having the same view of the same wall.

I always ask for a table "upstairs" for dinner, so having the other two meals "downstairs" also adds variety.

One can get to meet new stewards, and can then compare their service, adding to your experience. See the great ones, as well as the less so great.

I can also change the table size on each visit, asking for a small table if with a friend, or a large one if wanting varied company.

One can arrange to eat with new friends, or with people you know from previous voyages, without inconveniencing anyone "what about lunch tomorrow?".

As said above, I get the chance to meet other passengers and form new friendships.

And, as I see my regular dinner companions only once each day (rather than three times) we have more to discuss in the evening about that day's activities.

And, in the event I don't like my breakfast or lunch companions, I only have to see them once.

Furthermore, in the evenings, if forced to change tables because of an unfriendly passenger, there is less chance of being observered ( :o ) having done this on the following nights, as the main restaurant is so much larger.

Britannia Restaurant for me, thank you :) .

Primary difference is single seating in separate section (more "intimate"?) at one corner of Britannia Restaurant (hence Britannia Club). So you are not tied to a specific dining time (just anytime when the restaurant is serving). Also, your table there is yours for all 3 meals each day -- same waitstaff, etc. A la carte options for dinner. It is a "bridge" between Britannia and Grills.

Depends what premium you put on these variations. As long as you are comfortable with either early or late dining, and not having "your own table" for all meals, Britannia is great. Breakfast and lunch in Britannia are nice opportunities to mingle and meet fellow passengers.

I heard on the last WC that there is no breakfast and no lunch served at the Britannia Club any more. I haven't checked that personally.

So AA passengers may be asked to join the MDR for breakfast and lunch now.

Anyway, if someone does not want to share the same table for all meals, just go and queue for the MDR for breakfast and lunch, no questions will be asked as there are no fixed tables except for dinner.

My information is not too reliable as I travelled AA last on November 2008 Caribbean, PG/QG ever since...

We have been very happy with AA, but most bookings PG was not a big difference in price and once you got into the grill suites you are done with "ordinary staterooms"...

Anyway, if someone does not want to share the same table for all meals, just go and queue for the MDR for breakfast and lunch...
I'm not totally convinced that I'd pay the additional fare for Club dining, and then not make use of it :confused: .

Best wishes,

There is very little difference between Club Balcony and regular Britannia. The Club Balcony gives you table-side service at one of two ante room dining salons just adjacent to the Britannia.

The cabins themselves are identical to standard balconies, same balcony size, bathroom and amenities. They are located on deck 12.

Frankly, unless you are going to splurge and travel in Princess or Grill Class I say book traditional Britannia and save some some funds toward your next voyage.

Jonathan

You do get an Al A Carte menu that you don't get with standard Britannia dining. This menu is about 50% of the P-Grill Al a Carte menu, which in turn is about 50% of the Queens Grill Al a Carte menu.

That's absolutely correct, Keith.

I dined in QG, PG and Britannia Club during one 5 week voyage and was able to compare the same menu in the three restaurants. Your percentages seem spot-on to me.

Archived