Island Marketing Ltd.

cruisin'tex

Seeing that no one has replied I'll chime in! I've done a lot of searching planning and booking for our last two Hawaii cruises and in the middle of planning for Hawaii.

I have never heard of the company your asking about but upon checking it out I'm really surprised as it's quiet a big company with excursions in just about all the Carib islands.

So checking on tripadvisor which is CC's sister company there are a lot of mixed reviews on excursions in the different islands but cant find any on Hawaii, here is the link if you want to have a look

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=Island+Marketing+Ltd.&sub-search=Search&geo=1&returnTo=__2F__ForumHome

I have never used Island Marketing for Hawaii, but did use them when in Cozumel. They seemed very professional to me in the Carb region. I don't see any folks mentioning that company for Hawaii, though. This Dec will be my first time in HI.

You can do an advanced search on this company if you log in. The advance search is up at the top of the page and three links in on the right.

Sorry I cannot be much more help than that. I have learned much by using the advance search. Hope this helps.

I have never used Island Marketing for Hawaii' date=' but did use them when in Cozumel. They seemed very professional to me in the Carb region. I don't see any folks mentioning that company for Hawaii, though. This Dec will be my first time in HI.

You can do an advanced search on this company if you log in. The advance search is up at the top of the page and three links in on the right.

Sorry I cannot be much more help than that. I have learned much by using the advance search. Hope this helps.[/quote']

I thought it was really weird that I can't find them mentioned anywhere. But they have really nice websites and excursions advertised.

I always feel better about a tour company if I can get feedback from someone who has used them.

Will do the advanced search....

Seeing that no one has replied I'll chime in! I've done a lot of searching planning and booking for our last two Hawaii cruises and in the middle of planning for Hawaii.

I have never heard of the company your asking about but upon checking it out I'm really surprised as it's quiet a big company with excursions in just about all the Carib islands.

So checking on tripadvisor which is CC's sister company there are a lot of mixed reviews on excursions in the different islands but cant find any on Hawaii, here is the link if you want to have a look

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=Island+Marketing+Ltd.&sub-search=Search&geo=1&returnTo=__2F__ForumHome

• 4 months later...

Island Marketing, Ltd. is a consolidator. They don't do any of the tours they sell themselves. Local firms that actually do the tour contract with Island Marketing to sell tours. This is not saying there is anything wrong with their tours, just to let you know. In some cases you will be able to find the tours from the actual provider elsewhere on the internet. Others you won't. I have used them in the Carribean and been very happy with the tour.

Enjoy,

Ron

I hope they are ok. I reserved the Big Island Volcano and water falls Helicopter tour with them (hawaii cruise Excursions). Already paid the deposit, but now I am getting a bit nervous. The excursion is booked for next week. I will report back with a thumbs up, thumbs down or a big "Sucker" on my forehead :-)

Just booked with Island Marketing for the Volocano Tour and a tour on Kauai. Anxious to know if you enjoy your tour. I just ready a bad review for them for a tour on Oahu after I placed my deposit.

FYI -- we have booked with them in the past -- BE AWARE that you lose 100% of your deposit if you cancel -- regardless of how far in advance!

I was worried after reading the negative review. However, I went back to my confirmation and they listed the tour operators. I looked up the tour operators and got excited all over again!!! The reviews for the individual tour operators were good. Looks like it's what I intended to book. I'll give an update when I come back. No one has posted whether or not they liked the tours in hawaii provided by Island Marketing.

I received a very nice email from the Tour Manager of Island Marketing after my email to them re the terrible experience in Honolulu.

They have terminated their affiliation with this company, which is Royal Hawaiian and is essentially a transport company, not a tour company.

They also are refunding my money.

I think they will stand behind any tours they sell and aim to uphold the good reputation they have forged in the Caribbean.

I think the problem may have been this one company, confined to the Honolulu area.

I would not hesitate to book another location with them after reading the email they sent me.

We loved Hawaii. It is even more beautiful than the photos I have seen for so long!

The ship was something else. But--I realize it is a matter of taste. We, at least I found the enrichment programs--the Hawaiian lessons in hula, ukelele and crafts very, very enjoyable as well as the lectures on the Hawaiian language, history, geography and geology.

Favorite island--tossup between Maui and Hawaii "Big Island". The guides we had had a lot to do with it. We did a luau in Maui, (as well as a West Valley tour) which happened to be my birthday and made it very special.

As I had stated, I think most people better off on Oahu taking the bus, the trolley or, or car rental because Oahu is much less mountainous, at least in the coastal area than the other islands. Now we know!

Found Island Marketing Ltd. (aka Hawaii Cruise Excursions) website thru Google.

Would like to know if any CC members have used them for tours in Honolulu (Oahu) or Hilo (Hawaii).

Any feed back would be appreciated.

There was a thread on here called Buyer Beware about this company and someone who had a bad experience with them. Looks like the thread has been removed......................

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=31201411

• 4 weeks later...

We used Island Marketing on Cozumel for a Snorkeling tour, Manuel was our guide and we were on the boat named Ciguata. We ended up being the only 4 on the trip so it was like a private snorkeling tour! My husband loved the free corona's on the boat! Manuel was patient with my 5 year old son who took some time to grasp snorkeling. He was superb!

We also used them in Jamaica for the Dunns Rivers Falls and River tubing trip. Denton Prendergast was our guide, he was fantastic, amazing, and wonderful. The van was clean and well kept. He was perfectly trustworthy and took great care of us!

We would use Island Marketing again for sure!

I'm happy to report that both of the tours we booked thru Island Marketing were great! We booked a Volcano island tour in Hilo on the Big Island and the Ultimate Kauai tour on Kauai. Both tours were small groups of less then 15 people. The tour guides were very knowledgable and personable. We saw much more than the ship tours offered. Not only did we learn a lot of history, but were even taught some hawaiian words. I would highly recommend them. I have to say they made our trip truly memorable!

Malaho!!

I'm happy to report that both of the tours we booked thru Island Marketing were great! We booked a Volcano island tour in Hilo on the Big Island and the Ultimate Kauai tour on Kauai. Both tours were small groups of less then 15 people. The tour guides were very knowledgable and personable. We saw much more than the ship tours offered. Not only did we learn a lot of history, but were even taught some hawaiian words. I would highly recommend them. I have to say they made our trip truly memorable!

Malaho!!

Sorry, I mean't "Mahalo"!

Sorry, I mean't "Mahalo"!
Somehow spell check doesn't work very well with Hawaiian.:D I present Hawaiian performers here in southern California and it's so much fun watching Word turn the entire page red as it tries to spell check their bios and press releases:p.

Enjoy

Ron

Archived