Dry dock for Equinox...what is being updated or changed?

AndreaAndrews87

Hi cruisers, I have heard that Equinox has scheduled a dry dock for April 2014. Does anyone know what will be different afterwards? Is the ship getting a "Qsine" restaurant or the "hideaway" area?

Not sure where you heard that or from whom but right now she has

a full schedule on the books.......

April 4th is a 10 night Caribbean Cruise

April 14th is a 13 night....TA crossing. She leaves from Ft. Lauderdale

and ends in Spain.

Not sure where you heard that or from whom but right now she has

a full schedule on the books.......

April 4th is a 10 night Caribbean Cruise

April 14th is a 13 night....TA crossing. She leaves from Ft. Lauderdale

and ends in Spain.

After the transatlantic there's no cruise till May 8th, passengers disembark on the 27th April in Malaga, then no cruise till Barcelona on the 8th May.

I heard it was routine dry dock :)

http://www.shipcruise.org/cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule/

Edited by DebbieMacG

After the transatlantic there's no cruise till May 8th, passengers disembark on the 27th April in Malaga, then no cruise till Barcelona on the 8th May.

I heard it was dry dock too? :)

Hi Debbie, that is May;) OP said they heard drydock is in April.....

I was just trying to point out April would not be possible since she

has a full schedule:D....

Maybe those days she will be drydocked or maybe she is being

chartered.

Hi Debbie, that is May;) OP said they heard drydock is in April.....

I was just trying to point out April would not be possible since she

has a full schedule:D....

Maybe those days she will be drydocked or maybe she is being

chartered.

Well to be totally correct she will enter dry dock in April (28th) and it does say April on the schedule but I see your point :)

Edited by DebbieMacG

Yes, Equinox is scheduled for dry dock in April, 2014.

No idea what they will be doing to her, however! I'm sure Celebrity will share all of this with us sometime in the future? :D

She is "open" from 4/27 (Malaga, Spain) until 5/8 (Barcelona, Spain) I wonder if she would sail back to Papenburg, Germany for the dry dock? Can't imagine it being done in Spain.

Well to be totally correct she will enter dry dock in April (28th) and it does say April on the schedule but I see your point :)

OK...you are right....3 days in April;).......and I am right too...

the rest of the days are in May:p

No idea what they will be doing to her, however! I'm sure Celebrity will share all of this with us sometime in the future? :D

She is "open" from 4/27 (Malaga, Spain) until 5/8 (Barcelona, Spain) I wonder if she would sail back to Papenburg, Germany for the dry dock? Can't imagine it being done in Spain.

Why not Spain ? , :confused:

Cadiz has dry dock http://www.navantia.es/eng/instalaciones/cadiz.php

RCCL has a number of ships going there

I found this forum on goggle. I was wondering the same thing about "Qsine". My wife and I usually go at least twice if it is available. Maybe, we could start a petition for one to be added on both the Equinox and the Solstice. Would anyone be interested?

I wonder if she would sail back to Papenburg, Germany for the dry dock? Can't imagine it being done in Spain.

Yes, I believe it is a 5 year "check up" at the shipyard where the ship was built. Even the Oasis has to travel over to Europe for it's 5 year "check up". Doubt they will make any major changes.

Hello! On the same cruise as you! Please join our roll call. 12 July Equinox- Venice to Istanbul.

I join just a few week ago & we have hardly any messages:(:confused:

Hi Vegasgirl702! yes I will join the roll call! Loved sailing out of Venice on RCI Grandeur last year so booked this as different itinerary, not sailed on Solstice Class yet and LOVE the Greek islands;). Flights booked and set to go!:)

She will not return to the shipyard at Meyer Werft as she is now to heavy to transit back up the river. They can easily do the dry dock at a number of places including Spain. :)

• 1 year later...
Are my husband and I the only 2 people who did not like anything at all about Qsine?

Really?? Nothing at all? We love it there, fantastic staff and especially tons of fun with a group. There probably are others like you though, for whom Qsine is not a good fit. The vibe definitely isn't Murano's equivalent but it doesn't try to be.

Are my husband and I the only 2 people who did not like anything at all about Qsine?

You're not alone!! We just found it a bit over rated. Our waiter didn't really explain what was what so we had no idea what was coming or whether is was large or small. We tried to like it but we were a bit disappointed.

I think if there was a group of you and you could sample things it may be better - maybe...

We're on Equinox in a couple of weeks and we're glad there's still a Silk Harvest (well there better be as we've made a booking!!)