This May Be A Silly Question?

Totsiejen14

I have never cruised before and am taking my first one next July to Bermuda on NCL's Breakaway. I am beyond excited. But I have a stupid question. From my research so far I have discover that coffee on the ship is free in the dining and buffet. And specialty coffee is extra $. But with the coffee maker in your cabin, is that coffee also free or do they charge you like the mini bar, bottle water and sodas in your cabin? And if they do charge for that could I bring my own coffee and just use there coffee maker in my room?? I need my first cup of coffee before I can even think about functioning. And having to shower, dress and adventure out before I can have that is a scary thought...lol. Please any info would be great!

NCL does have coffee makers in balcony and above cabins. It is included in your fare, much like the coffee maker in a hotel room. The cabin steward keeps it stocked and if you need more supplies will be glad to get them for you. As mentioned room service is also an option for coffee. I did find having the coffee maker a convenience even with all of the other options.

@totsiejen

Hi! While there is a Norwegian forum, I believe that the First Time Cruisers' forum exists for these questions too!

We cruised on the N.Star last fall in a balcony cabin and I learned there would be a coffee maker in the room. I took a pound (or maybe half?) of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee with me! the better to live it up. I think I may have also taken 4-cup (small) filters? IDK.

The steward would have provided those little disk filter packs, and did provide creamer. I learned part way through that there had both half-n-half and non-dairy creamer, and requested half-n-half thankyouverymuch! The coffee and creamer were free/no extra. Also sugar packs I believe although we do not use them. Some people say a little extra pre-tipping can ensure your preferences being met...

If in fact you are NOT balcony-or-above, you can order either coffee or hot water from room service. RS is not included in the per diem gratuity automatically added to your room, so it's nice to keep a supply of dollar bills at hand (top drawer is good) for that.

Being a first time cruiser forum, I thought it would be appropriate to post my question here also. But anyways, I did get my answer by posting in the NCL forum.

I thank everyone here who did give me positive feedback. I very much appreciate it!

Happy Cruising to all :D

Being a first time cruiser forum, I thought it would be appropriate to post my question here also. But anyways, I did get my answer by posting in the NCL forum.

I thank everyone here who did give me positive feedback. I very much appreciate it!

Happy Cruising to all :D

Have a great cruise