Any other bottled water on Escape besides Aquafina?

seminole95

• 2 weeks later...
I don't care what the brand is, the prices for water on board is highway robbery! Carnival has 12 packs of water for 3.99.

There is no doubt that NCL's markup on water is high but that is not a good comparison. The NCL bottles are the giant 1 Liter bottles. They charge about 3x what you'd pay on land for the same brand, same size. That's high but about what I expect when on a cruise (like the stuff in the minibar).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! If you have to pay for it-you would think there would be options...[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Eh, not really. Most businesses are pepsi only or coke only and are exclusive to those brands. Shoot, our local arena that gets sporting events and most of the concerts have no major brand drinks. They offer RC, diet rite, lemonade, 7up, and big red. Doesn't stop them for charging an arm and leg for them :mad:

Edited by sanger727

Sorry about the delay. On the Escape, it was available at most bars and restaurants for about $6 for the large bottle. The easiest place to purchase would probably be Pinchos as they usually had the most down time.

Edited by Islandsunrise

Sorry about the delay. On the Escape, it was available at most bars and restaurants for about $6 for the large bottle. The easiest place to purchase would probably be Pinchos as they usually had the most down time.

Thank you very much. It's far better than the other water.

Cruising is getting like the airlines. Pretty soon they will make you pay for luggage.

They already started with ala Carte.

A bit at a time to see how much they can get away with, without people vacationing elsewhere.

Thank you! I leave Saturday-glad I did not pre purchase the aquafina.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you very much. It's far better than the other water. Cruising is getting like the airlines. Pretty soon they will make you pay for luggage. They already started with ala Carte. A bit at a time to see how much they can get away with, without people vacationing elsewhere.

Quite the opposite. You can really enjoy a cruise without putting out a penny beyond your cruise fair and daily service charge. The food in the complimentary dining rooms is wonderful. The amenities in the rooms is are fine. Entertainment is greatly improved. And the cruising environment is much more comfortable and pleasant.

Specialty dining has been around for a very, very long time. The public's demand for specialty dining is driving the cruise lines to put more onboard. Paying for your drinks,,, always been there (although when we first started cruising, a true sommelier would bring us our wine and taste it to ensure the highest quality before it touched our lips). In fact, when we first started cruising, you had to rent the deck chairs (which were not very comfortable for the price).

I think that the fact that there are more option$ shouldn't be seen as a negative.

There are plenty of included/complimentary restaurants (plus the buffet) BUT there are also upcharge, covercharge, a la carte restaurants.

There is plenty of included water but there is also (for a fee) bottled water.

Included adult-only areas and "for a fee" adult-only areas.

I think that people are believing that the included things aren't "good enough" but the reality is that the included things are very good, too. Perfect? No, but still very good.

• 4 weeks later...

We ordered the Aqua Panna prior to boarding so it would be in our cabin. It was not there.

I asked our cabin steward and he ordered it from somewhere and the 7 bottles arrived in our cabin from somewhere within 30 minutes.

HATE....Aquafina!

Had to order 2 more as the bottle is 3 ----8 oz. bottles ....We took empty 8 oz. bottles with us in our luggage to carry.

Sometimes I forgot and had a bottle with me and it still got though the x-ray machine....Maybe because of the size?

Saw few people with the bottle water they offer....Aquafina.....Most people had their own Stainless bottle which they could fill at the BARS....The café has a sign that no bottled water could be filled at the beverage station.

Most bars had large containers of iced water on the counter where you could fill your water bottles or containers.

We ordered the Aqua Panna prior to boarding so it would be in our cabin. It was not there.

I asked our cabin steward and he ordered it from somewhere and the 7 bottles arrived in our cabin from somewhere within 30 minutes.

I'm also not a fan of Aquafina - where did you order the Aqua Panna prior to boarding, if you don't mind me asking? I've never seen that available to pre-order. Just checked my upcoming Epic sailing, and it's not available there either. :confused: Would love to at least try to get something other than Aquafina! Thanks in advance! :)

I'm also not a fan of Aquafina - where did you order the Aqua Panna prior to boarding, if you don't mind me asking? I've never seen that available to pre-order. Just checked my upcoming Epic sailing, and it's not available there either. :confused: Would love to at least try to get something other than Aquafina! Thanks in advance! :)

I had a back and forth email going for a month with senior staff including Del Rio and Andy Stuart plus a few others.

Nobody seemed to know anything!

One answer from one and a different one from another. Then a call from someone in Miami that said I could order it right then and there from him which I did....rdteam@ncl.com.

Throw all that out the window....The right hand (Land) doesn't know what the left hand (Ship) accepts/does.

Better to go to a thread on your ship and ask what water is sold in bars/ restaurants on your ship. It probably is, as they offered at dinner (for a price) when they ask if you desire, a glass of bottled water.

So once you know what OTHER water is sold, it's better to order it once on board and have it delivered to your cabin.

Just lined them up on the shelf and filled my empty 8 oz. bottles once 3 were empty and I cleaned them with a tiny bottle of liquid dish soap we took.

You do realize that LOTS of people just drink the ship's water.

Tastes great.

Price is right.

Unlimited.

Those that like to carry a bottle around just bring a few empties from home.

Oh now.

Don't you realize how wonderful it would be for the ships to have a HUGE selection of bottled water from all over the world so the water connoisseurs

could sit around and compose some water pairing for their meals?

Shewt, the ship could set up a showroom to display the vast selection of varied bottled waters

And they could probably make four people on every cruise just ecstatic with this nonsense. It seems like a VERY cost-effective revenue generator for them.

Oh now.

Don't you realize how wonderful it would be for the ships to have a HUGE selection of bottled water from all over the world so the water connoisseurs

could sit around and compose some water pairing for their meals?

Shewt, the ship could set up a showroom to display the vast selection of varied bottled waters

And they could probably make four people on every cruise just ecstatic with this nonsense. It seems like a VERY cost-effective revenue generator for them.

I see that you didn't make a New Years resolution to not enter threads and make 'snide' remarks that doesn't concern you're cruise experience personally.

The same could be said about wine, champagne, beer.....They all are called the same so they MUST taste the same so why bother having a 'choice'.

Well they do have a different TASTE and water to "some" have a different taste.

Happy New Year.

You do realize that LOTS of people just drink the ship's water.

Thank you for waiting until at least after 20 intelligent, useful posts for people who want to find out about the water choices before starting the "water debate" again.

There's always someone who wants to throw a turd in the punchbowl.