Rental Car in Melbourne

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:01 AM.
NC
328 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
If anyone has rented a car in Melbourne could you refer me to the company you used if it was a good experience ! Also, did they deliver the car to the port and did you drop it off there as well?

Any information apprection!
I live in Sydney, Australia
1,694 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Rental cars in Australia are the same as USA. There are the major ones - Thrifty, Avis, Hertz, Europcar etc. I don't think there is too much difference in prices between them. A good way to find out a bit more is either go to www.google.com.au and type in a company name or type in "rental car" or go to www.thrifty.com.au for the direct websites.
There are also many smaller companies but you get what you pay for

I also found this website: http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au/ which allows you to compare directly between companies. Hope this helps.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous:
Voyager of the Seas - Australia & NZ - Feb 2013
Radiance of the Seas - Alaska July 2009
Legend of the Seas - Mediterranean, Oct 2007
Oriana - Pacific Islands & NZ, Dec/Jan 1980/81
sydney, australia
6,498 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
unless you wanted to go somewhere of the beaten track, you probably would not need to rent a car. It is very easy to get into the city on the tram right from the wharf area. Then there is a free tram that takes you round the city.
It all depends on where you are going or wanting to see