Cruise Cash Bar

AngInTampa

Why would people buy Cruise Cash Bar credits as opposed to putting that same amount of cash on their sun and sign cards? What's the point of the cruise cash bar if you can just add the cash on the sun and sign account and use that money for everything on board? We figure that we are missing something here. Please advise. Thanks!

Maybe I just want to buy a friend or a family member a celebratory drink while they are on a cruise while I'm back home working like a dog.

Just like the Cruise Cash - Photo

I want to buy them a picture that maybe they normally wouldn't buy. Now they can use that credit.

If I only give them Cruise Cash,, how do I know what it was spent on? Maybe I just paid for a small portion of their gratuities

Cruise Cash (general, bar, and photo) is really intended to be for gifts. Some people have found some value in using Cruise Cash to preload their Sign and Sail cards before boarding the ship (for whatever personal reasons they have). There is a limit of $500 per cabin for each category of Cruise Cash; therefore, if someone had maxed out on the general category and they know they will be drinking, they may wish to add bar cash, for example.

I like to buy a little here and there as the cruise approaches so we have it available when we board. Yes, I could put it into savings but if I've already put it on the account then I don't have to worry about it getting spent for something else. We'll be getting the Cheers package this next time around so I'm just getting the Cruise Cash. I don't buy so much that we have to worry about any of it going unused.

• 2 weeks later...
Cruise Cash (general, bar, and photo) is really intended to be for gifts. Some people have found some value in using Cruise Cash to preload their Sign and Sail cards before boarding the ship (for whatever personal reasons they have). There is a limit of $500 per cabin for each category of Cruise Cash; therefore, if someone had maxed out on the general category and they know they will be drinking, they may wish to add bar cash, for example.

thats exactly what I did. Maxed out standard and added some bar cash

Why would people buy Cruise Cash Bar credits as opposed to putting that same amount of cash on their sun and sign cards? What's the point of the cruise cash bar if you can just add the cash on the sun and sign account and use that money for everything on board? We figure that we are missing something here. Please advise. Thanks!

Trying to lock in currency exchange rates?

Unless something is totally refundable, it's not a good deal, IMO!

Agreed, but just like most things on Carnival, there is a work around; but, it only works for general cruise cash, not bar or photo cash.

It is intended to be used as a gift. Some people are just horrible with finances so they buy them to use them self.

I guess they can't be trusted to put a few $$$ away over time in savings to take with them when they travel. They try to tie the money up in vouchers to use on the cruise so they won't spend it elsewhere.