Noise level on Bourbon from Hotel Room

Michellem74

Hello. We're in the process of looking around for hotels to stay in before our cruise in August (yes, 300 days away) out of NOLA. I like to research :) We are wondering if anyone can give an idea of the noise level overnight at the Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter that's on the corner of Bourbon. I know we won't be in bed early, but when we do decide to sleep, are the windows/balcony doors soundproof? Does the party continue into all hours of the night in NOLA? Thank you for any info!

There should not be major partying on Bourbon in August, and there is not any big party spots right by the Four Points that I can remember. Also the Four Points goes down the street that runs across Bourbon so you could ask for a room down that side street, and also wonder if they have rooms without balconies as it would not be a great attraction to have a balcony.

No, the door and windows are not soundproof and you can hear street noise until around 2am. Our last stay there in a Bourbon balcony the hotel provided ear plugs.

That being said I think the Four Points is a prime location in the FQ. If you're concerned about noise you can go for Toulouse St balcony or a courtyard room and not give up the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed there a couple of times and requested a non-balcony room overlooking courtyard (pool and parking garage) and had no problem with noise. Small rooms but quiet. Boubon Orleans also has quiet courtyard rooms. Either location is great

We have stayed there a couple of times and requested a non-balcony room overlooking courtyard (pool and parking garage) and had no problem with noise. Small rooms but quiet. Boubon Orleans also has quiet courtyard rooms. Either location is great

I agree on the Bourbon Orleans. We are booked there for 3 nights before our Triumph cruise in January. But we do have a Bourbon balcony reserved at the Four Points when we return!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums