Carlisle Bay

hishorselover

Hi everyone. We will be in Barbados in May. I am thinking about booking an excursion to Harrison's Cave through Glory Tours for the morning and am looking for information on hitting Carlisle Bay in the afternoon. How long is the taxi ride to Carlisle Bay and how much does it cost? Also, are there still vendors offering snorkeling and swimming with the sea turtles in the afternoon? Is it easy to get a taxi back to the ship in the afternoon? I don't know if trying to get two things into one day is too much.

Cab fare should be about $5 each, or you can walk it in about 15-20+ minutes.

Getting a cab back should not be an issue - they are waiting at most of the popular beach clubs, including Lobster Alive and Harbor Lights.

We used the beach vendor to snorkel and then swim with the turtles in Feb; the Boatyard Beach Club now includes a boat trip out to swim with the turtles in it's admission fee ($20 gets you turtles, a chair/umbrella, free drink, and a ride back to the port :cool:).

Cab fare should be about $5 each, or you can walk it in about 15-20+ minutes.

Getting a cab back should not be an issue - they are waiting at most of the popular beach clubs, including Lobster Alive and Harbor Lights.

We used the beach vendor to snorkel and then swim with the turtles in Feb; the Boatyard Beach Club now includes a boat trip out to swim with the turtles in it's admission fee ($20 gets you turtles, a chair/umbrella, free drink, and a ride back to the port :cool:).

Thank you for your feedback JohninCD. So, in your opinion, it should be manageable to do both of these activities? We used a vendor at Carlisle Bay as well. I remember the boat didn't go very far off shore so I imagine that if we only have an hour or so to snorkel it wouldn't be a problem. I'm trying to find a couple of fun things to do that day because it will be my son's 18th birthday :) It sounds like the boatyard might be a better choice than Carlisle Bay since I'm pretty sure my sister and I paid $20 each just for the snorkeling/swimming with turtles. So, in your experience, the vendors are active all day? Not just in the morning? Thanks so much!

The Boatyard is one of many beach clubs on Carlisle bay, just for clarification.

We were at the Boatyard most of the day and were there last Feb, before they started running their own boat - the vendors were busy in the morning; I only saw the jet ski guys later in the day.

Before you pay at the Boatyard ask about times for the snorkel/turtles trip. the free drink, water toys, facilities, and ride back to the port made it a great package for us.

Is there a fee for the Boatyard as well as Carlisle bay?

The Boatyard is one of many beach clubs on Carlisle bay, just for clarification.

We were at the Boatyard most of the day and were there last Feb, before they started running their own boat - the vendors were busy in the morning; I only saw the jet ski guys later in the day.

Before you pay at the Boatyard ask about times for the snorkel/turtles trip. the free drink, water toys, facilities, and ride back to the port made it a great package for us.

Is there a fee for the Boatyard as well as Carlisle bay?

Carlisle Bay is the geographic area, and there are several beach clubs there - Boatyard, Lobster alive, Harbor lights, etc. Each charges a fee for chairs and facilities. If you choose not to pay you can find a free area of sand, lay down your towel and enjoy the day without a chair or facilities.

Boatyard now charges cruisers $20 each - check their web site for details. I'm sure there are web sites for the other clubs as well.

http://www.theboatyard.com/