Nassau Blue Lagoon on own

flgirl1087

Hi friends. I understand Blue Lagoon will tell you to book through the ship when on a cruise due to their no compete clause. However, has anyone just said they're staying on the island & done this on their own? We are looking at the sea lion excursion. We are in port 12-7pm. The times for the excursion are 1:30 and 3:30 that we are looking at.

Question is, has anyone done this and did you get any extra time to explore the Lagoon?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep

Said we were staying at the BCH and booked on our own, caught a cab to the ferry terminal, got on the first ferry of the day, did the dolphin encounter, hung at the beach a bit, did the sea lion encounter, then stayed until the last ferry of the day. (instead of coming over and going back earlier with cruise excursion.)

Cheaper and you stay as long as you want, not on the excursion's schedule.

Thank you! Do you know what time the last ferry back is?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's been years, but I think it was like 4 or 5PM.

We were in port from 7am-7pm, so no hurries that day.

Thus us trying booking on our own.

We got off the ship at 7-ish and were over to the ferry dock on Paradise Island by 7:30 for, I think it was an 8 or 8:30 first ferry to Blue Lagoon.

If I remember, the ferry ride from dock to island was like 20-25 minutes each way.

I think the ship's excursion got picked up right at the pier by the ship, but it left the pier at like 9 or 10 and left the island at 2-2:30.

Edited by bguppies

I have recently booked the sea lion adventure independently at Blue Lagoon. The last ferry from BL is 4 pm. We signed up for the 1:30 adventure, and will take the 4 pm ferry back to Paradise Island. I was told it would arrive by 4:30/4:45 at the latest. My ship leaves at 6 pm. We will have 45 minutes to get from Paradise Island to the port. Cutting it close, but doable.

I have recently booked the sea lion adventure independently at Blue Lagoon. The last ferry from BL is 4 pm. We signed up for the 1:30 adventure, and will take the 4 pm ferry back to Paradise Island. I was told it would arrive by 4:30/4:45 at the latest. My ship leaves at 6 pm. We will have 45 minutes to get from Paradise Island to the port. Cutting it close, but doable.

The bridge on Paradise Island, heading back to the cruise ship gets backed up around 4:15 or so. At that point, it can take the better part of an hour just to get over the bridge.. Then another 20 minutes or so to get back to the port entrance. You have to be back onboard by 5:30pm. It's likely you won't make it. Can you get an earlier adventure time? BL will not guarantee you get back to the ship on time unless you purchase thru the cruiseship and use the ferries designated for that cruise line.

Edited by scubagirrl