How is internet and TV on Encore?

MomC

This may seem like a strange question but I just got off Regent's new ship the Explorer and it had the WORST internet service I have ever encountered. And we were completely without any TV the final three days. They kept blaming it on "military bases" in the ports and satellite problems.

I had a health emergency in the family back home and needed service!

How is the Encore in this department?? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Mom C

As you ask specifically about Encore, and I am onboard now, my response is I am very happy with the internet connectivity and speed relative to the other Seabourn ships and my time last year on a Cunard ship. (I have no experience of Regent.)

Now we are off Indonesia but service has been consistently very good since our cruise's start in Dubai. Specifically, I seldom get "dropped" while online - which would necessitate a logout and login to get going again.

I can't comment on TV here since I don't watch it.

Happy and healthy sailing!

We had a while when there was no live TV during the first leg from Athens. Internet remained throughout.

There will always be periods of high demand for ship based internet and I suspect we are a good few years off land based speeds but I was generally happy.

We had the unlimited $400 internet package which means you are not so bothered about every second counting. If you only have a couple of hours and it takes 2 minutes to download an email attachment it can be more of an issue.

Henry :)

MomC, we may have been on the same Regent Explorer cruise as you, and agree that the Internet was frustratingly slow/non-functioning. If this doesn't get resolved, we would think twice about cruising on the Explorer again ... sadly. The mitigating factor, however, was that we had unlimited free wi-fi.

Edited by OceanPatter

We were on the Panama Canal cruise out of Miami on Dec 28. Found ourselves saying, "On Seabourn---" many times. Loved the ship and the food (and numerous laundry facilities on numerous decks), but looking forward to the Encore on April 17--Dubai to Athens.

Mom C

• 2 months later...

We are aboard Encore. Internet is still slow but is an improvement over past years. I believe they changed SatCom suppliers. No lengthy down time. As for TV, we don't watch it. Too busy jumping up and down the bed and chasing each other around the stateroom. [emoji12][emoji485].

Incidentally, I just discovered this venue today and really enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums