Another man overboard (Freedom of the Seas)

This is so sad. I feel bad for the friends and family of the missing man. And I also feel bad for RCCL. The local news here seems to want to play the story up as the cruise ship's fault. But how can you protect every drunken fool from himself? :(

thanks for posting here but if you haven't released it yet, check for typos (e.g., "CARE" team, not "CAR" team)

Yea, I had just caught that -- you were getting the sneak preview at the story. Now it's up -- believe it or not RCCL press office emailed it to us as CAR team ... i wonder if anyone else will notice that or will the other media outlets publish CAR... lol

Maybe he/she is a reporter and didnt get the story first :D

Chubbas XX

lol -- I don't know of many media outlets that patrol the waters between Exuma and San Salvador for news daily -- this type of news usually trickles in to us via the Coast Guard eventually .

This is so sad. I feel bad for the friends and family of the missing man. And I also feel bad for RCCL. The local news here seems to want to play the story up as the cruise ship's fault. But how can you protect every drunken fool from himself? :(

Oh I am sorry. Does your staff have different information than the OP's staff? Where did you learn the missing man was drunk? :confused:

I better get my staff on this! :)

I still can't figure out how one can "fall overboard". Railings are high enough that you just can't "fall" over.

My thoughts exactly! While I'm reading everyones varying responses/thoughts to the OP I'm just sitting here thinking "How the

#$%! do you fall overboard?!?!" I've never found it to be difficult to stay on the insides of the railings. Hmmmm.

I do hope that the story has a happy ending.

Laura

I hate to read things like this. I hope they find him safe and sound (unlikely...) :( Maybe its because I'm short, but I've never had a problem staying on my balcony. However, when I come in to go to bed at night, I pull a deck chair in front of the door. I'm so afraid I'll sleepwalk and climb right over the edge.....

Sam

Some of the videos that they have found are in fact people leaning over the rail to vomit, and fall over. And don't forget the balcony hoppers...:confused:

Not to mention suicide? I don't know, what is this world coming too?

Like I said in another post, if people aren't more careful we will be cruising with bars on the balconies, required to wear life jackets 24/7, drinking milk, and the closest thing to alcohol will be shot glass of Odhuls. :p (sp?)

At least the life jackets will hide my wrinkles! LOL

gotta hand it to the coast guard -- nasty weather right now here in miami and they are still out there searching.

one can only pray that this young man will get a second chance at life

Archived