Caronia - Cabin 153 and Table Selection

wardline

I have booked Cabin 154 in September. 154 and 154 seemed to be the largest inside cabins per the deck plan-- is this true? What is the decor? My TA says 154 has a king bed, but the deck plan does not indicate this. Can anyone verify?

I realize 153 and 154 used to be bedroom of the forward King Harald/Haakon(?) suite. Are the bathrooms larger too?

Also, does anyone recommend a good table selection? Is it better to be on the perimeter of the room?

Thanks for any information. I am anxious to experience the Caronia for the first time!

Hi Wardline, 153/4 are great cabins. We've been in 153 four times and 154 twice(also been in 159 and 566). They are approx 216 sq. ft. and easily the largest insides.

Although the names have been dropped, 151/3 or 152/4 can still be combined as suites. The insides got the baths while the outsides got showers.

Neither of these have had king size beds when we've been in them, and the deck plans don't indicate this possibility. Even if you did manage it, they only seem to have single sheets and duvets available anyway.

Decor? Probably easier if you drop me a line to colin_cameron@uk.ibm.com and I'll send you some photos by reply.

As for the dining room. The smoking area is normally the forward area on the port side. And I would avoid the tables for two immediately inside the forward entrances. Other than that we normally request a large table and just go with the flow.

table 29 is a large table for 9 or 10 1 table removed from the windows on the Port side going aft. Great views, close to the salad bar, no smoke!

Rick,24 cruises and counting! Next cruise- #25-Riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna in July '04

the "salad bar" is a self-serve or waiter serve area where you can make your own salad and help yourself to a large selection of cheeses and cold cuts as well as greens etc. or the waiter will prepare it for you and bring it to the table.It is NOT a "Lido" type of buffet area!

Rick,24 cruises and counting! Next cruise- #25-Riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna in July '04

Archived