What's the first thing I should do?

alyeska95

What is FTTF? :confused:

Most people board, drop their things in the cabin if it is ready, walk around the ship to get a feel for where things are and go to Lido for lunch.

Faster To The Fun

It's an extra pay program

What is included:

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Sailing Oct 19 on liberty. We have FTTF and wondering what should be first things we do once we drop our stuff off. First cruise and don't want to miss anything!!

We always drop our stuff off and tour the whole ship, taking pictures all along the way. If I wait until later in the cruise I tend to forget to get pictures of some of it.

I like to drop off my stuff (take a few pictures of my cabin before all my stuff is removed from the suitcases) first. Then have lunch. After lunch I start exploring. I find where my muster station is so I know how to get there by the appointed time.

Like others have said, drop off stuff, take a couple of photos of the cabin, head to lunch, check out my allocated dining table, and change if necessary, and in the old days, before e books, I would head to the library to get a couple of good books. Then if the weather is fine, enjoy a cocktail in the sun.!

Faster To The Fun

It's an extra pay program

What is included:

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

I have heard of the FTTF program on Carnival.

What does it cost?

I have heard of the FTTF program on Carnival.

What does it cost?

$50 per cabin, and it covers everyone who's in that cabin.

OP, we had FTTF on the Liberty last September, and like others we went and dropped our bags, got lunch, and the explored the ship. By the time we got done eating there still weren't too many people on the ship, so not lines for lunch, and not too crowded to explore. Win win!

We HATE, HATE, HATE this new Carnival FTTF!!!

We have EARNED everything (plus more) you can get with FTTF. We have sailed on Carnival 300 days and do not like that someone can just BUY what we have EARNED! Carnival should give us more now to make up for buying FTTF!

We have EARNED everything (plus more) you can get with FTTF. We have sailed on Carnival 300 days and do not like that someone can just BUY what we have EARNED! Carnival should give us more now to make up for buying FTTF!

FTTF is easy revenue for them. I am actually surprised that they have not raised the price yet. By the looks of the popularity of the program I bet that if they charged $50 pp for a 7 day cruise they would still sell out. Shore excursions were a huge revenue for cruiselines in the past but with such easy access to great information on the Internet regarding private excursions the shore excursion revenue has decreased on Caribbean sailings at least which seems to be where Carnival has most of their ships these days.

I do agree that they should provide a special reception or other added perk for their elite members who have stuck with Carnival through the good times and the bad times. Ticking them off now just doesn't make sense to me.

I do agree that they should provide a special reception or other added perk for their elite members who have stuck with Carnival through the good times and the bad times. Ticking them off now just doesn't make sense to me.

Unfortunately, it does make economic sense. Newer cruisers represent far more profit for the lines than experienced ones, so there's really no upside for the lines to reward behavior that offers them less benefit.

New cruisers spend more. They go on ship's excursions to a greater degree than experienced ones, perhaps because they don't have the confidence yet to venture off on their own as more experienced cruisers do. The same goes for pictures and other high margin products that appeal more to new cruisers than to experienced ones.

As we have taken to cruising with Princess exclusivly the cabins, regardless of catagory are always ready for you when we board. We go to the suite, drop off the bags and I search out our steward who is normally close at hand. I introduce myself and give him a cash tip up front and ask for a cork screw. By the time I get back to the cabin DW has our favourite red out and when the cork screw arrives we hit the balcony and enjoy a glass or two. I then call the dine line and make what speciality reservations we have decided upon. We may go to an upper deck for the sail away but likely just enjoy it from the privacy of our balcony.

To the OP, you are never going to "do it all" and live to tell the tale!

Enjoy the trip

Unfortunately, it does make economic sense. Newer cruisers represent far more profit for the lines than experienced ones, so there's really no upside for the lines to reward behavior that offers them less benefit.

New cruisers spend more. They go on ship's excursions to a greater degree than experienced ones, perhaps because they don't have the confidence yet to venture off on their own as more experienced cruisers do. The same goes for pictures and other high margin products that appeal more to new cruisers than to experienced ones.

To the OP. Drop your bags off if your room is ready and go exploring with your map and camera in hand.

I do agree that new cruisers spend more once they are on board but perhaps the faithful still purchase cabins that cost more. Selling off cabins after final payment is due does lose the cruiseline revenue.

FTTF only has a limited number available per ship and they're based on the number of elite cruisers on board. Say they only offer 20 of them and there's 17 elites on board, then only 3 will be available for purchase. The elites aren't missing out on anything and the cruise line is making a little extra. I think it's a neat option and was bummed they were sold out.

Paradise 2008

Miracle 2013

I'm so glad I bought FTTF after hearing everything about it but I totally GET that long time loyal cruisers could feel slighted. Maybe they could have Faster to the Fun and Fastest to the Fun for the elite status cruisers..I have a question though, doesn't elite status get you a discount on further cruises? I don't have a clue as we are just going on our first cruise.

We are Diamond, the highest you can go. We pay same as everybody else. We do get a free logo gift which have been recently a Carnival baseball cap, then Tervis glasses, a six pack cooler, a stupid little covered pad and we actually got 22 picture frames (we cruise a lot). We now get 4 chocolate covered strawberries (used to be 6) and one free drink in the dining room for breakfast, brunch or lunch- not dinner. WE also get what you are paying to get- but we earned everything by cruising Carnival a lot!

We are Diamond, the highest you can go. We pay same as everybody else. We do get a free logo gift which have been recently a Carnival baseball cap, then Tervis glasses, a six pack cooler, a stupid little covered pad and we actually got 22 picture frames (we cruise a lot). We now get 4 chocolate covered strawberries (used to be 6) and one free drink in the dining room for breakfast, brunch or lunch- not dinner. WE also get what you are paying to get- but we earned everything by cruising Carnival a lot!

Hey Bonnie, I am from NC also and we have beach house on Oak Island (hate the beach though, sorry, grew up there). lol...some might ask why we are taking a Caribbean cruise...I ask myself that..haha

FTTF only has a limited number available per ship and they're based on the number of elite cruisers on board. Say they only offer 20 of them and there's 17 elites on board, then only 3 will be available for purchase. The elites aren't missing out on anything and the cruise line is making a little extra. I think it's a neat option and was bummed they were sold out.

Paradise 2008

Miracle 2013

Thanks for explaining.

Your description makes it clear those who pay and those who get is as a benefit of having sailed a lot will get the service they are expecting seeing the number they will accept is limited.

Everyone .... Please keep in mind the OP is talking about a Carnival cruise.

Best on Carnival with no fttf option is to find a table in the shade on Lido deck and park yourself with carry-ons there and order something to drink and relax.

Don't even consider trying to go to the buffet because it'll be packed and a total zoo. Eat something for breakfast prior to boarding the ship. ;)

LuLu

~~~~

Archived