Breakaway questions re communication and boarding

Icecoldcranberry

Hi all,

I asked about iConcierge vs Ripple vs walkie talkies a few months ago. Seeing as how I am sailing soon, I thought I'd check in again.

Which is better to use: iConcierge vs Ripple?

Is there a charge on the Breakaway to use iConcierge? If yes, how much? Is that per device or per stateroom?

Also, we will be overnighting the night before in Manhatten. What would be the best time to board the Breakaway on the Sunday?

Thanks!!!!

I'm not familiar with Ripple, but iConcierge was $7.99 per device to activate & use the messaging capability when we sailed in August. I haven't read anything about that changing recently. We found it worked pretty well and will likely use it again next month.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all,

I asked about iConcierge vs Ripple vs walkie talkies a few months ago. Seeing as how I am sailing soon, I thought I'd check in again.

Which is better to use: iConcierge vs Ripple?

Is there a charge on the Breakaway to use iConcierge? If yes, how much? Is that per device or per stateroom?

Also, we will be overnighting the night before in Manhatten. What would be the best time to board the Breakaway on the Sunday?

Thanks!!!!

We used iConcierge on Breakaway. It was free to use if you only want to see schedule of shows, view your onboard account, etc.

if you want to text others in your group, it is $7.95 per device. We were a group of 10 family members in 5 staterooms. Not every text went through, but when they did it worked very well. I didn't use it much for texting, but it was great to be able to see what's going on around the ship and to keep track of our account.

Best time to board Breakaway? If your sail time is 3:00, you will need to be onboard by 1:00pm.

We boarded at 11:30am last July.

I can't comment on Ripple.

P.S. We all had iPhones. You must download the app BEFORE boarding the ship!

Have a great cruise!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

No charge to download the app or use there features like checking the dailies or making reservations. Only charged if you wish to use the messaging or call feature. The app is pretty good. Used it often on our last sailing with kids. Used it to see the dailies and make reservations for the specialty restaurants. Do not Know about the other app that was in question.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums