Pacific Pearl

Slim31

Hi All,

Booked a cruise on the pacific pearl in 2016, just wondering if anyone has been on it recently and your thoughts on the ship.

I have previosly sailed on the voyager of the seas & the rhapsody of the seas but unfortunately they didn't offer a cruise to the destinations I wanted to go.

Regards,

Slim31

Edited by Slim31

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

Your going to be in for a shock.

We have cruised on Pearl and recently Voyager.

Whilst we were very disappointed with Voyager, compared to Pearl, it was a palace.

Pearl is very basic and doesnt have the wow factor that the Voyager does.

Being a smaller ship you also feel alot of movement.

We also found that there wasn't a big alchol selection and the cocktails were iced up alot.

The food was basic buffet style.

We were upgraded to a disabled room which was quite large, so I cant say what the standard cabins are like.

We did like it though and will cruise on it again but wouldn't do a long cruise.

We sailed on the Pearl in April and thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. The Plantation restaurant was typical buffet food but the food in the main dining room, the Waterfront was very good. As for Luke Mangin's Salt Grill, the food was absolutely amazing. The cabins are a good size with enough storage. We found there was enough to keep us occupied on sea days and during the evenings. Yes, being a smaller ship than the Voyager, there is movement.

We would certainly sail on the Pearl again.

Hi All,

Booked a cruise on the pacific pearl in 2016, just wondering if anyone has been on it recently and your thoughts on the ship.

I have previosly sailed on the voyager of the seas & the rhapsody of the seas but unfortunately they didn't offer a cruise to the destinations I wanted to go.

Regards,

Slim31

In my opinion, the P&O brand target a different market segment (i.e. families) to Voyager & RotS. The Ship are a little older and at first glance appear less 'flashy', however the staff and entertainment is good, passengers (mostly - you always get one exception) friendly and I enjoy the food in the main dinning room. The Matre D in the dinning rooms are really good, so if you have any problems with the food, speak to him/her and they will do their best to resolve it. P&O do not really have a loyalty program (:confused:), so the only way to get priority boarding (etc, etc, etc) is purchase a suite.