Qe ?

David Owl

Having cruised several times with P&O, Princess and Celebrity we are now looking at the prospect of doing my favourite route on the QE.

We would be travelling to Norway and Iceland with our Daughter, Son-in-law and grand-daughter.

I wonder if anyone could confirm the this is a suitable ship for a 2 year old and what kind of facilities there are for her.

Thanks

There is a childrens club and night nursery and they are very good. The girls are very pleasant and helpful., but there is limited outdoor space specifically designed for outdoor play and no paddling pool as such.No freedom dining so if you wanted flexible times you would have to eat in the buffet upstairs. We love Cunard for adults but they don't offer the choice of facilities for little ones that you would find on P&O, Princess or Royal Caribbean ( the latter being exceptional for children.) But cabins, in my opinion are larger than average so you may find you would have more space for a toddler in the cabin. The weather to the northern climes could be a bit iffy so you could find more time spent indoors which could be constricting. We wouldn't take our small grandchildren on Cunard for these reasons but perhaps others would feel differently. Plus it's very formal and if bedtimes and routines are important to mum and dad then this can make the holiday a bit constricting with little ones . We have cruised other lines with the children and found it an easier experience.

Thanks Dave and/or Marge.

I didn't realise that there was no freedom dining on Cunard. I expected that for many meals we would take turns using freedom dining but with fixed times this would not be possible. I do like a good dinner so would not be happy about using the buffet too often.

My wife and I do not have a problem being out in the cold - we were often found on deck wrapped in blankets in Norway last year while everyone else was indoors. Not sure how the youngsters would feel but as they are living in London they could probably do with toughening up a bit.

Having cruised several times with P&O, Princess and Celebrity we are now looking at the prospect of doing my favourite route on the QE.

We would be travelling to Norway and Iceland with our Daughter, Son-in-law and grand-daughter.

I wonder if anyone could confirm the this is a suitable ship for a 2 year old and what kind of facilities there are for her.

Thanks

From the Cunard Web

Recreation on Queen Elizabeth

Children's Activities: Cunard offer a children's programme for younger guests aged 2-17 years, making this a fantastic family destination. Clubs include The Play Zone (2-7 years), The Kid Zone (8-12 years) and the Teen Zone (13-17 years); each host facilities, group games and heaps of fun under the supervision of Queen Elizabeth's experienced Youth Team.

Queen Elizabeth also runs a complimentary Night Nursery if you are looking for an evening off. This is for children aged 12 months to 23 months, but has a limited number of spaces.

Hope this assists