~*I wanna be a loser too! - My10 month ww Challenge*~

raina*faith

Hi everyone and thanks for poppin in my thread. I'm leaving in December for my 9 day cruise of the Eastern Caribbean. I would love to get to a healthier weight by the time of my cruise.

Last year, they had weight restrictions listed on the excursion descriptions and my husband couldn't do one. So, this year, I want us both to be comfortable and healthier for our new cruise.

If you like, you can join me and post your ups an downs. Tips and helps. I'll be posting mine too.

My immediate goal: To weigh less then I do now. :D

If you do decide to post here, remember we are all here to help each other.

Again, thanks for stopping by! :)

The details of my plan I'll share on the next post.

I haven't done anything special today as far as eating better, except eat less. I think that if I eat the smaller meals a day then that will work better for me.

I am putting my husband and I on the weight watchers plan which I'll give in more detail later.

My favorite Link:

www.dwlz.com

He also needs to have his cholesterol lowered. He's on lipitor now and I want him to do the cherios challenge (6 weeks of cherios or some cereal).

It's beginning to get colder here and as the temp drops the ice begins to come. So, I need to get ready for the kids to come home! Everything is shutting down for the weather?!

BBL!

Hi Mother Hen!

DH and I are both doing the WW Core plan. (He skips the meetings though). We've both lost around 15 pounds so far and do not feel at all like we're dieting! We're actually eating more - better tasting food than ever! We're both in our mid-late 40's and realize it's time to get healthy again. We've let ourselves go over the last 15 yrs and before it's too late, we decided to do something about it.

Our cruise is in August. Exactly 6 months to go - today! I was worried about being embarrassed about my appearance, but now I'm confident I'll be down to a healthier weight by then. So far, I'm down a size!

What's great about Core is that this is the first (of many) diet that I don't feel like it's a diet. In the past, I've always been in the mindset of - "I can't wait 'till this is over!" This time, I've decided to make lifelong healthy changes. It's not a diet and not temporary and not "for now". It's for good and we are very happy.

I've got quite a ways to go...probably at least 70 pounds. I don't care how long it takes though...just as long as i'm eating healthy and I'm happy. My next big step is to start exercising. UGH!!! :p I'm not a big fan of sweating! LOL! One step at a time...

If you want a "Weightloss Buddy" - let me know... We can help eachother though the tough times and celebrate eachother's successes!

Good Luck!

Laura :)

Just started WW & I lost 3 lbs. for my first week. I'm over 50 & have a loooonng way to go, but I agree - it's a lifestyle change. I only have 7.5 months before the cruise, but if I can lose 40 or 50 by then, I'll be ecstatic! :D I'm doing it on-line only as there are no meetings I can go to here. 'S ok, I have on-line support on the WW boards and now (!) here, too. Good luck everybody!

Excellent first week, Patrice! :D

I lost 2.5 my first week. In the old days, when I started "diets" I used to lose a ton more. Usually around 8 lbs! But I was happy with 2.5 since I'd like to lose on average - 2 lbs/wk. So far, I'm pretty much on target with 15 lbs in 6 weeks. Last week I gained, but this week was 5.2 lbs...

Snack time - popcorn & ff/sf pudding....

Keep up the good work!

Laura

I'm starting WW tomorrow - going to do it without attending meetings, since schedule doesn't work. Cruising in September and want to say to that extra 30lbs. - good bye to you, this is my last day with you.

Mother Hen - your link is full of interesting info. thanks.

I've decided that it's easy to stay on the diet if I put Free Cool Whip on everything! :D Actually, I love the 1 pt. english muffins with egg beaters & canadian bacon for breakfast. Another tip I found: cut up apple (or peach or pear), sprinkle splenda, cinnamon & nutmeg, nuke for about 30 sec. & top with the afore-mentioned cool whip. Yum - great way to eat fruit. Even enjoyed a fat-free hot chocolate, it's so cold here in Key West - it's about 63 right now which is REALLY cold for us. :o How's everybody else doing?

Patrice,

You've got to be kidding! Freezing? :eek: 63? It was 13 here when I woke up this morning! OMG! I'm so COOOOOLD all the time! LOL! I'll trade with you in a HEARTBEAT! LOL!

The apple thing sounds GREAT! I also core an apple, stick it in the microwave for a minute or two and then stick one of the WW-1 pt. candies in the center and nuke it some more! MMM! Add the FF Cool Whip - it's heaven! :p I also find the 1 pt. Giant Fudge Bars are a lifesaver! I have one of those and a whole bag of 94% FF popcorn EVERY NIGHT! MMMmmm! I also enjoy the egg w/Can. Bacon on a 1 pt BAGEL (I found them at a local supermarket!) Lunch is becoming boring for me. I'm not much of a salad eater...Canned soup seems to be the route I keep taking. Quick and tasty...but boring...

So...stay warm my friend! LOL! I'm looking forward to a heatwave coming up this week....Highs in the 40's!

P.S. Have you tried the Jello brand Fat Free Sugar Free pudding mixes? With FF Cool Whip of course! The Pistachio is so delicious!

Laura

Thanks for the tip. Will try. About the temp here in KW - bear in mind that we do not have heaters here, only A/C's. Last night it got down to the low 50's and we have no way to warm it up, except to wear extra clothes, or not get out of bed. I had a couple of cold-toed birdies this morning, poor babies.:(

I was just kidding with you before... I can't believe how cold it is everywhere. Makes me not feel so bad about not planning a sunny vacation this week. The kids and I are all off this week. I'll just have to find other ways to entertain them. Movies sound good... I bet a lot of people are very disappointed with their vacations. Especially the northerners flying south!

Archived