Port of Miami & Hotel with Free Two Way Shuttle

djcass4199

Does anyone know which hotels near the Port of Miami/Miami Airport offer a free two way shuttle to and from the cruise terminal? It seems that every hotel offers free one way service but not return service. DW and I are sailing on the Valor in September and want to make the drive from Atlanta to Miami the day before and get a hotel.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks everyone! :)

Actually very few even offer a free one way shuttle...

and none offer 2 way

you could take the shuttle to the airport and then take your hotel's shuttle back to the hotel where you parked your car if you feel it is worth it, or just take a cab to your hotel

The only hotels I know that offer free parking and a one way shuttle to the port are the La Quinta East (by airport) and courtyard and fairfield doral

also offer the free parking

hth

no. And the ones that offer 1 free shuttle are usually low end budget chains looking for an angle to hook people into staying at their hotel. Cabs are pretty cheap, don't make free shuttles the deciding factor in your stay.

...But they are still going to need to park their car for the duration of the cruise and most of the higher-end hotels have a pay per day parking rate that is quite expensive.

Like other poster's have mentioined, the LaQuinta East seems to be a popular cruise pkg hotel that offers the parking and one way shuttle. They would still come out ahead even if they had to pay for the return taxi. They may be able to find another couple that is also using the Park and Cruise pkg, and make arrrangements to meet up and split the taxi ride back to the hotel.

One of our friends stayed at the LQ-East and said it was fine. He had his two children with him and they used the pool, which he said was well kept and clean as well as the hotel itself. It's not 5 star luxury but does seem to have a decent cruise pkg.

OP, here is a link to the Florida departures board. You may get a few more ideas and suggestions over there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

:):)

We are staying at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport. They have free parking for 14 days, breakfast, and shuttle to the port. You can check Stay 123 . com and search for Miami cruise port. It will give you 5 or more hotels with park and cruise packages and you can also see the costs of the shuttle or if it is included for free.

...But they are still going to need to park their car for the duration of the cruise and most of the higher-end hotels have a pay per day parking rate that is quite expensive.

Like other poster's have mentioined, the LaQuinta East seems to be a popular cruise pkg hotel that offers the parking and one way shuttle. They would still come out ahead even if they had to pay for the return taxi. They may be able to find another couple that is also using the Park and Cruise pkg, and make arrrangements to meet up and split the taxi ride back to the hotel.

One of our friends stayed at the LQ-East and said it was fine. He had his two children with him and they used the pool, which he said was well kept and clean as well as the hotel itself. It's not 5 star luxury but does seem to have a decent cruise pkg.

OP, here is a link to the Florida departures board. You may get a few more ideas and suggestions over there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

:):)

You are correct. But so was I--LQ only offers 1 way shuttle, not both ways, and is most DEFINETLY a low-end hotel.

I've looked everywhere and there just isn't a two way shuttle!

We are staying at LaQuinta in October the night before we sail on Liberty. It's not a 5 star, but it's just a bed for the night and a place to park the car for the cruise week. We're planning on using their shuttle there and just taking a taxi back to the hotel to get the car.

I've looked everywhere and there just isn't a two way shuttle!

We are staying at LaQuinta in October the night before we sail on Liberty. It's not a 5 star, but it's just a bed for the night and a place to park the car for the cruise week. We're planning on using their shuttle there and just taking a taxi back to the hotel to get the car.

The taxi back will run you less than $30.

Hi

We stayed at LQ Miami Airport East in March. They now offer a return shuttle. It cost 10$ per person. They will drop you either at the hotel or airport. This was the first time we were offered this service. There were 4 of us so we didn't try it so can't comment on efficiency but it's an option.

Also, if you stay at this LQ, I suggest you request a room that is not on the first floor. Those rooms seem older, clean but less appealing. We ate at Bennigan's which was basically in the parking lot of the hotel. Menu is online.

Cool....that's cheaper than a taxi. We may have to look into that! Thanks for the heads up. I've read about the Bennigan's on the property, but we'll have our car so we may drive around to see where else there is to eat...unless we're tired of driving by that point...since we're coming from Pennsylvania! :eek:

Cool....that's cheaper than a taxi. We may have to look into that! Thanks for the heads up. I've read about the Bennigan's on the property, but we'll have our car so we may drive around to see where else there is to eat...unless we're tired of driving by that point...since we're coming from Pennsylvania! :eek:

Driving from PA? We is flyin'

Also, within a 1 mile walk ( not a great walk, no sidewalk) : Burger King, chicken place, liquor store where you can get wine to bring on ship). We walked to the liquor store, like I said , not a great walk but we crossed many other people from the hotel, so definitely do-able.

Hi hebbynan,

Just a heads up: getting to LQ is a nightmare. Very hard to get there. Even the second time we went and using our GPS we kept going in circles. We could see the darn LQ just couldn't get to it, LOL. Be patient and make sure it is daylight.

^ realtrip, could I ask a favor, in that you edit your signature so that your countdown tickers "stack" rather than lay our horizontally? Please? Right now, your signature "stretches" out the board and it's a little difficult to read because of that. If you edit your signature and just put a space in between your tickers, they should "stack" vertically. You can preview your sig to make sure it works.

Thanks so much. :)

Driving from PA? We is flyin'

That is too funny - you're the Red Rose and we're the White Rose (York)!! I LOVE Lancaster - but mostly the OUTLETS!! Where are you flying out of..HIA or BWI? The only reason we're driving is to make it more of a road trip for the hubby and I since we're leaving the brats at home this trip!:D

Hi hebbynan,

Just a heads up: getting to LQ is a nightmare. Very hard to get there. Even the second time we went and using our GPS we kept going in circles. We could see the darn LQ just couldn't get to it, LOL. Be patient and make sure it is daylight.

Thanks for the heads up! We'll be sure to get there while it's light out!

I could find no two way shuttles. We are staying at the Embassy Suites. Free shuttle from the airport. Nightly reception. Free Breadfast. Then a shuttle to the port.

The Embassy is next to LQ. It's very nice.

LQ doesn't advertise its two way shuttle. But if you call the hotel directly, they'll give you the info. (call hotel in Miami not LQ the chain)

The Embassy is next to LQ. It's very nice.

LQ doesn't advertise its two way shuttle. But if you call the hotel directly, they'll give you the info. (call hotel in Miami not LQ the chain)

While the LQ East shuttle to POM is free, I believe there is a charge of about $10-12 per person for the shuttle back from POM to the motel. Good luck! :)

While the LQ East shuttle to POM is free, I believe there is a charge of about $10-12 per person for the shuttle back from POM to the motel. Good luck! :)

Exactly, they were offering it for 10 $ in March 2012. You had the option of return to airport or to the hotel.

no. And the ones that offer 1 free shuttle are usually low end budget chains looking for an angle to hook people into staying at their hotel. Cabs are pretty cheap, don't make free shuttles the deciding factor in your stay.

This is so true!!!

Archived