Newark (EWR) to pier, any suggestions?

brodiegib

Wife amd I are flying into Newark on Sunday and need to get to the pier. Anyone have any suggestions on the most efficient and (cheapest way of course). Kidding!!

Do we pay the tolls

Also we were hoping to be able to check into our room and get off the ship again if there is time. Anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

Ross:) :)

4 days to go!!

Your thoughts?

Try reading the post "Car Service to NY pier" that is about 50 posts below this one. Reply #14 says that a cab from EWR is a set rate of about $25. I'm only passing on that info, don't know if it's true, I'm from California!!!

Wife amd I are flying into Newark on Sunday and need to get to the pier. Anyone have any suggestions on the most efficient and (cheapest way of course). Kidding!!

Do we pay the tolls

Also we were hoping to be able to check into our room and get off the ship again if there is time. Anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

4 days to go!!

Your thoughts?

Hi Ross - I live in NJ and drive into NYC regularly. You are flying into EWR - what time do you arrive? Could take you 25 minutes to get to the ship's terminal in NYC without traffic - could take you an hour plus (holiday weekend could be a killer - start of grid lock alert weekends). If you have three hours before departure, you are only a few blocks away from Times Square. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Do we pay the tolls

4 days to go!!

Your thoughts?

Supershuttle or Airlink ..$15pp to the pier no tolls

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/egtsfram.htm

Hi Wendy, we Arrive at 11:00AM. Ship is supposed to depart at 4:00pm. We should be okay. Thanks for your help.

Ross

Hi Ross - I live in NJ and drive into NYC regularly. You are flying into EWR - what time do you arrive? Could take you 25 minutes to get to the ship's terminal in NYC without traffic - could take you an hour plus (holiday weekend could be a killer - start of grid lock alert weekends). If you have three hours before departure, you are only a few blocks away from Times Square. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Best thing to do is take a cab. Especially if there are 4 of you. That should be the most cost effective.

Traffic at 11am on Sunday won't be too bad (once you get out of airport) Yes you pay the tolls, but don't let them charge you R/T tolls because you only pay tolls one way and that is when you go into NYC from Jersey. Best bet is the Lincoln Tunnel because that is closest to pier.

You are more than a few blocks from times square. The pier is all the way on the west side. That said it is probably a 10-15 minute walk to times square.

Do we pay the tolls

Thanks,

4 days to go!!

Your thoughts?

I would, personally, stay on the ship once you board.

It's a holiday weekend in NY. A crazy weekend! Many tourists:(

Newark airport is so close to the pier.

I would board the ship and relax!

See NY when you have the time to relax and enjoy it;)

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Archived