Belize City Excursions

I was wodering if someone could tell me what excursions there are to do in Belize City? I noticed that a tender takes you ashore, do they take you to a dock, beach, or somewhere else? Can someone help me as we are traveling with age groups of 8 years to 43 year old.

Thanks so much!!

Debbie

Disney Wonder 10/00

Majesty 7/03

Enchanment 8 21 04

There are several different excursions available through RCCL in Belize. Check out the Shore Excursion area on the RCCL web site. We did Belize in Feb on the Enchantment. The tenders pick up at the ship and drop you off at a pier area in Belize. There are various shops and a couple of places to eat inside the fenced area at the dock. You'll meet the shore excursion there and they will take you to the bus. The Bus will bring you back to the same area. Outside of the fenced pier area there were a number of street venders selling merchandise. This area next to the pier seem safe enough. Security and Police were very visiable. The warning I received from friends is to take an excursion in Belize. Wandering on your own is not the thing to do. We took the Zoo and City tour. The Zoo was very interesting and the City tour enlightening. Belize is a very poor country. The Cave Tubing is a popular excursion but was cancelled because all the rain in the hills had filled the caves with too much water. Hope this helps

Cheryl

Radiance 2/04

Enchantment 2/04

Monarch 4/04

Also, check out the Belize Port of call message board. We are using Coral Breeze in Belize to book a snorkeling excursion. It's five hours, goes to two snorkeling locations and includes lunch. Here is the link to their website: http://www.coralbreezelimited.com/content3.php?nav=nav1&cid=home

Cindy & Jonathan

Explorer of the Seas 9/21/02

Mariner of the Seas 11/23/03

Enchantment of the Seas 11/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;22;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We were in Belize this past March. Ended up taking a private tour out to Geoff Caye. This was so nice and peaceful. It is a 7 mile ride out to the island (which is only apprx 1.5 acres). I got the perfect photo of the Voyage when we went past it on our way to the island. There is snorkeling along a beautiful reef there. The island only has a hut with refreshment and they do sell some local wears there. We truley enjoyed it for the price ($35pp). I would say there might have been about 100 people total on the island with us.

Tammy...would rather be cruising then working!

Imagination 97

Destiny 99

Destiny 01

Fasination 02

Voyager of the Seas 04

till we cruise the Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500tswheel@aol.com

We were in Belize in Janaury of 2003. We went cave tubing on a private excursion. It was a lot of fun, though cold. We stopped for lunch and made it back to the port in time to do some shopping be going back to the ship.

12/95 Big Red Boat

5/97 Carnival Inspiration

9/97 Carnival Imagination

11/01 Grandeur of the Seas

2/02 Celebrity Century

10/02 Majesty of the Seas

1/03 Nordic Empress

5/03 Enchantment of the Seas

11/03 Celebrity Century

Belize-September 2003. This is the only port where I recommend you book the cruise ship tours instead of doing it yourself. The only other option I would do is take recommendations from the port of call board-I wouldn't freelance-as we did.

Belize is a "developing country", poor, with terrible roads and infrastructure. I was pacified by the the thought that our private driver was able to keep all the funds himself without sharing it with a large cooperation. From the looks of things, the people of Belize need all the funding they can acquire.

We went rainforest horseback riding at the Banana Boat ranch. It's about a one hour drive in a motor coach (fancy term for a bus).

During the drive, a guide gives the history of Belize and information about the culture. Once we arrived at the ranch, they served everyone a snack (the best banana bread EVER)and then they divided us up into groups depending on riding experience. They saddled us up and took us around the plantation.

After the ride, they provided a lunch. After lunch they give you time to wander around and relax. Then they loaded everyone into a boat and gave a guided river tour. After the river tour, we loaded back up and headed back to the ship. icon_cool.gif

Whatever you do, don't try to do Belize City on your own. I've heard Ambergis Caye is beautiful and good snorkeling excursion. Also, figure on a 20 minute tender ride in and out of the port.

Tribefan,

Do you recall the name of the vendor you used and do they have a website?

We are just looking for a 3 - 3 1/2 hour snorkel/ beach excursion.

OOM1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your help, it will be used greatly!

Debbie icon_smile.gif

Disney Wonder 10/00

Majesty 7/03

Enchanment 8/21/04

Archived