Willdra’s Majestic Carnival Magic October 15-22 Cruise

willdra

• 1 month later...

Thank you again for a terrific review. I had just finished reading your first review when I found this one. You really have such a great writing style and you tell things like they are, the good and the bad. I love your sense of humor. In exactly two weeks, we will be on the Magic for the first time, but thanks to your reviews, I feel like I already know my way around. We have our first spa cabin and I am super excited about that !!

Thank you again for a terrific review. I had just finished reading your first review when I found this one. You really have such a great writing style and you tell things like they are, the good and the bad. I love your sense of humor. In exactly two weeks, we will be on the Magic for the first time, but thanks to your reviews, I feel like I already know my way around. We have our first spa cabin and I am super excited about that !!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed both of the reviews! [emoji4] You have to come back and tell me how much you loved the Magic! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

Day 1

We had a relatively easy drive down. I don’t do any of the driving, so every drive is easy! Our arrival time to the Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas was around 4:30. My first impression was "Wow this place is huge!!". There was no one waiting in line to check in, so we went right up. We were checked in, then sent to another desk to receive our room cards. Well, the other desk is actually the timeshare presentation desk. We had the Starfriends Rate on our villa, so there was really no need for them to try to sell me a timeshare. I guess the guy was bored and wanted to practice his spiel on us so on it went. I politely declined the timeshare presentation, twice. Since we wanted shuttle tickets, we had to go to yet another desk. No problem. There were zero people here at this point. After all of the check in hullabaloo, we were off to find our Villa. You must use your room card to get through the security gate. Fancy!

Once inside the gate, we had to follow the map to locate our Villa. I really loved the space and the appliances. It makes it very easy to be comfortable for a few days.

Both of us unpacked, then went to check out the grounds, pool, and the marketplace. The marketplace was very well stocked, and I was impressed. W was hungry (shocker, I know), so he was rushing me out of the store, and I really didn't get a chance to browse the various baubles and trinkets like I wanted. There were lots of baubles and trinkets too! I vowed to come back and take my time looking around, but of course I never did (something I’m becoming notorious for).

At check in, we were handed a big envelope with all kinds of coupons and discounts. W loves a good deal, so he sifted through those and picked out the ones that interested him. He has his priorities in order! He loves food, but he loves it even more if he feels like he got a “deal”! We hung out there for a little bit planning our next move and really letting that "I'm on vacay" feeling sink in! You know that euphoria that comes when you have reached your destination and all is right with the world. It normally comes for me after my first cocktail, but this time it arrived early!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

31287459605_53639aba93.jpg

Then you remember that you forgot something (the story of my life!). It never fails that I always forget something of the utmost importance at the most inopportune time! Even though I have lists, back up lists, alarms, calendar alerts, and THE BINDER, I still manage to leave a necessary item. This time I forgot to have my prescription refilled. I had enough for about 4 days, and then I would turn into a goblin, which is not sexy at all!

In my defense, before we left home, I added an app to my phone that connects me to my doctor's office so that I can schedule appointments, request refills, view test results, and update my information, etc. The only problem was that I never used it. I added the app then pretty much forgot about it. So I logged into the app while W was looking at food possibilities (Don’t worry, I had plenty of time, he loves looking at food AND coupons). I sent the request to be added to my doctor's office and started the slow wait for the response.

UNO's was W's choice for dinner, and we made the short drive over. The restaurant was big, and there were not that many people there. Service was pretty quick, and best of all, there were lots of choices on the menu that contained CHEESE! Now I'm REALLY on vacation!!

30178052852_350e781005.jpg

I really wanted to go to Disney Springs to check it out, so W agreed to drive us over there. Again, it was a very short drive, maybe 10 minutes. We parked and I was absolutely giddy with delight as I took in all of the shops and wonderful smells coming from some of the food venues. We ducked in and out of stores looking for Christmas gifts for our 2 adults. We even sent pictures of some of “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and “Star Wars” items that we found to our son and daughter because they love that stuff, plus we wanted to rub it in that we were at Disney. Without them. We're such amazing parents! Don't hate!

29663212174_5779c76bdc.jpg

30178055902_b1be98b7da.jpg

I wanted to purchase Magic Bands for us also, so I was on the hunt for them as well. I didn't see them until we were almost at the end of the strip, and I was so happy that I stopped in the little store. I paid $12 each and I was also given instructions on how to activate them on the Disney App when I got back to the hotel. I had pre-purchased our e-tickets online, and I was able to print them out before we left. The e-tickets have to be exchanged at the Transportation and Ticket Center for paper tickets, or you can purchase the Magic Bands and enter the code on the app which puts a "virtual ticket" on the bands. It's really cool because the tickets and bands are assigned to each person individually. Once you add the ticket to a band, it is non transferable, only that person can use it.

W forgot his Diet Coke (also known as his life) at home so we went to Winn Dixie because it was close by. We got back to the villa sorta late. We took out our clothes and got ready for the next day, which was also W’s birthday!

Before I fell asleep, I said a prayer thanking God for food coupons, because they make W a very happy camper!

Is your hubby from Cincy. I notice the reds shirt and the Bengals. I love you reviews by the way. I read you most recent and HAD to read the others.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

Is your hubby from Cincy. I notice the reds shirt and the Bengals. I love you reviews by the way. I read you most recent and HAD to read the others.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

OMG yes, he is proudly and originally from Cincinnati. [emoji12] Thanks for reading along, I really do appreciate it! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

I'm addicted to your reviews now. This is awesome as well. Looking forward to the rest of the Vista review!

Thank you for the support, it really means a ton!! [emoji1474][emoji2][emoji1474]

• 3 weeks later...
Good stuff Willdra, I can't wait to get on the Magic in September! I really like your review....Mork and Mindy missed out! LOL

LOL [emoji23] Thank you [emoji4]!!!!

LO, the hates. I am loving your review. In Sept it will be my 2nd time cruising. Thank you so much for this awesome review.

Thanks for reading and have a fantastic voyage!! [emoji847]

• 3 years later...

So I've decided to ask you to please move to Utah and follow me around and make my life sound as fun as yours! You're a wonderful writer and I've really enjoyed reading your reviews. Some I'm sure I have read twice. Thanks again for all of this free entertainment.

When I say my prayers tonight I'll thank God for you and your family!  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Houst said:

So I've decided to ask you to please move to Utah and follow me around and make my life sound as fun as yours! You're a wonderful writer and I've really enjoyed reading your reviews. Some I'm sure I have read twice. Thanks again for all of this free entertainment.

When I say my prayers tonight I'll thank God for you and your family!  

LOL! 🤣 This made my day, thanks for the love! 😘