Hotel Recommendation in Ft Lauderdale, Florida?

Relax Cruiser

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in Ft Lauderdale near the Pier (or close enough) under $120/night? Just looking for a decent place to stay; nothing fancy. Reviews on Tripadvisor dont look great so looking for some personal recommendations. Thanks.

Do you need parking for your car at the hotel while on the cruise?

This post is going to get "moved" quickly...

So while it's still here... I agree, check out hotels dot com or any other search engine to narrow down what will best fit for your budget on the dates you are traveling.

There are some really great "pre-cruise" hotels many can recommend but they won't all be in your budget. You'll find plenty that are. Especially if you're only looking for a place to lay your head for one night before you get on the ship.

This post is going to get "moved" quickly...

So while it's still here... I agree, check out hotels dot com or any other search engine to narrow down what will best fit for your budget on the dates you are traveling.

There are some really great "pre-cruise" hotels many can recommend but they won't all be in your budget. You'll find plenty that are. Especially if you're only looking for a place to lay your head for one night before you get on the ship.

Did not realize you were not supposed to ask for recommendations.

If you go to the Florida Departure Ports board, you will get tons of info and recs from we cruisers really familiar with that city. Go there but include exact date needed , time of arrival and if you will be arriving by plane or car.

You mention no date. Hotels double ( or more) their rates during peak weekends. Impossible THEN to find a room at your budget point. Jan. - Easter will run around $200 and up.

Know that the area is not big. The airport is only 10-15 min. from the downtown port area.

Thanks all for the replies. Dates are Jan 21-23, 2016. Going on Western Caribbean Cruise starting on 23rd. I am still new to the board, so did not think of looking at Florida departure board. Will check on there. Flights are not a problem, those are all booked, only looking for hotel without paying a lot as we are only looking to put our heads down at night.

Thanks all for the replies. Dates are Jan 21-23, 2016. Going on Western Caribbean Cruise starting on 23rd. I am still new to the board, so did not think of looking at Florida departure board. Will check on there. Flights are not a problem, those are all booked, only looking for hotel without paying a lot as we are only looking to put our heads down at night.

So two nights? You will not find anything at $120. Think closer to $200.

Familiarize yourself to lastminutetravel.Com .

No parking required as we will be flying into Florida.

Personally I like Embassy Suites, as close as you can get to the usual pier Princess use, 10 minutes easy level walk, not the cheapest but I love their cocktail party and clean rooms.

Embassy Suites is also very very near Publix and WinnDixie grocery stores, Total Wine, and more decent eating places than you can shake a stick at.

And Waxy O'Connors Irish Pub - which also has a great Happy Hour.

Cheap in South Florida can often mean nasty or badly located as you will find out if you check reviews.

Edited by Griller

So two nights? You will not find anything at $120. Think closer to $200.

Familiarize yourself to lastminutetravel.Com .

Yes, I know $120 is not feasible. Are you talking $200/night or $200 total? I was talking about $120 per night.

And thanks for the link, will check it out.

Yes, I know $120 is not feasible. Are you talking $200/night or $200 total? I was talking about $120 per night.

Look at Holiday Inn Express. I'd be a happy camper paying around $180. Per night. Rates are high earlier this year. You will find lots of help on the departures board..really.;)

Note: Embassy Suites as mentioned is popular. But always over $250 in winter.

$120 is not going to happen. You are way too late for any possible deals that you may have gotten a long time ago.

Also peak season

Anything that is cheap won't be close to airport or port.

Plan on $200-$250 per night

Did not realize you were not supposed to ask for recommendations.

It won't get deleted, it will get moved to another area here on the board. If you search for hotels in Ft. Lauderdale in the search engine here, you'll find tons of them and reviews. We stayed at the Hilton Marina 3 weeks ago. I do not recommend this hotel. It's way over priced and they nickel and dime you to death. The breakfast buffet is a ripoff. Basically sausage and eggs for $25.00 per person. The hotel service is also a rip off. The hotel maid tapped on our door and asked us if we needed service that day! For $174/night you better believe we want fresh towels!

We're at the Embassy Suites in February for two nights, but at almost $300 per night.

I agree with Griller. This is a very nice hotel. Great breakfast and evening party. Beautiful pool area.Walk to restaurants, wine store, and supermarket.

Cheaper lodging may be found further south but then you have to add transportation costs

Good luck.

We recently stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale airport and were happy. The rooms were clean, price was reasonable, and it was convenient to shopping and restaurants.

We have stayed there twice in the last two years. Decent place to sleep. It was about $110 to $120 per night with AAA discount. They also had a free shuttle from the airport and also a $10.00 per person shuttle to the port (sign up early if you want a decent time.

I don't know how long ago jenng1976 stayed there, but, the only thing left last year in the way of food and shopping was a Chinese restaurant across the street in a strip mall and a Walgreens next door. There had been both an Italian restaurant and a Mexican restaurant as well as a Publix supermarket in the strip mall two years ago, but, all three were closed last year.

We have stayed there twice in the last two years. Decent place to sleep. It was about $110 to $120 per night with AAA discount. They also had a free shuttle from the airport and also a $10.00 per person shuttle to the port (sign up early if you want a decent time.

I don't know how long ago jenng1976 stayed there, but, the only thing left last year in the way of food and shopping was a Chinese restaurant across the street in a strip mall and a Walgreens next door. There had been both an Italian restaurant and a Mexican restaurant as well as a Publix supermarket in the strip mall two years ago, but, all three were closed last year.

We stayed there in December, but I should have mentioned we had a car!

You're right, all the food and shopping was too far to walk.

For someone driving though, there was a plaza right off the highway with quite a few stores and I think a TGI's, and a little farther down the road was a Denny's, and a bit farther than that we ate at Chili's.