Unruly Kids

Slacktide

Does anyone control their kids anymore? On my last cruise on the Glory a couple weeks ago there was a pack of young teens that were racing up and down the corridors doing the knock-and-run. I managed to control myself and not say nothing to the little darlings. Until I walked around the corner to get on the elevator. Only to catch one of them kicking the call buttons repeatedly. I raised my voice, telling her to stop and why. She just looked at me funny, kicked it again and ran. Couldn't of been more than 10 and this was around 12:30 am.

It seems like most people think it is everyone else's job to raise their kids. All I know is that if I had acted like that when I was younger, my parents would have immediately taken care of it. All it took was The Look from my mom and I knew I was in trouble.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Forums mobile app

Does anyone control their kids anymore? On my last cruise on the Glory a couple weeks ago there was a pack of young teens that were racing up and down the corridors doing the knock-and-run. I managed to control myself and not say nothing to the little darlings. Until I walked around the corner to get on the elevator. Only to catch one of them kicking the call buttons repeatedly. I raised my voice, telling her to stop and why. She just looked at me funny, kicked it again and ran. Couldn't of been more than 10 and this was around 12:30 am.

Whe ran into a similiar issue on a holiday cruise thru the Panama Canal . It was a last minute cruise . Our cabin was in the stern near the kids club. This was the Coral Princess . Parents didn't or couldn't control the teenagers. They hung around the stairs blocking the them. Security found the group of teens . They eventually would page the parents everytime the teens got into trouble. Therefore spoiling the parents party as well. Two teens from one family where put under curfew from the second night.

Taking a pix with your phone is good idea (even if you do not use it to report them) and then tell their surprised little faces that you are reporting them and they will be put off the ship with their families at the next port!!!!

Whether they think it is true or not the little darlings will be looking over their shoulders for the rest of the trip....you do have their pix after all.....;p

We have been very lucky not to have trouble with the younguns on our cruises even when sailing during spring break weeks!

Once a little one in the elevator was starting to push all the buttons and I just said "elevators are not toys" in my stern voice and that was the end of that!

There have been a few occasions of knocks on the cabin door but that's about it. Most of the time the teens have been busy socializing and the younger ones have been in activities or at the pool.

It is insane with the kids fooling around the pool . Running ,jumping and screaming while the parents just ignore them. If one of them gets injured the parents will blame Carnival

On one cruise a mother got upset because her youngster got a bruised ankle . She wanted a wheel chair for him to go to the doctor. They told her to take him to the doctor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruise or land vacation at an all inclusive I think a lot of parents think since they are on vacation the can take a vacation from controlling their kids. We've seen it on several kinds of vacations. One lady actually said to us her kids are angels at home and never do anything wrong but they could do whatever they want because it's their vacation too

My wife and I talked about this once. We figured (some) are working away from home . The kids are either in school , at daycare or with a nanny. The parents only see the kids for a couple of hours a day. When they get on a cruise , sudenly they are with their all day and night. They really do't know how to handle their kids.

My wife and I talked about this once. We figured (some) are working away from home . The kids are either in school , at daycare or with a nanny. The parents only see the kids for a couple of hours a day. When they get on a cruise , sudenly they are with their all day and night. They really do't know how to handle their kids.

Bingo....

I always thought that moms who took the kids on cruises were "working moms"....and being with the kids was a novelty.

The "stay at home moms" would know that taking a child on a trip won't be a vacation.

After a trip with my "then 3 year old"....we didn't make any major trips until he was 12.

I have seen far more unruly drunk adults than misbehaving kids on our past cruises.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is true for us, as well. I've seen adults falling down drunk, half naked, loud in the hallways at all hours of the night, slamming balcony doors, etc.. on every single cruise we've been on.

The one and only time we've ever had real trouble with kids was when they decided all the way aft was a great place to congregate and have a teen meet up. Honestly, they were just being kids and laughing and talking. Not actually "bothering" anything, except it was 1am. Very, very poor timing. My husband had enough and got up, slipped on his pants and opened the door and spoke to them in adult voice and they, literally, ran away and never came back. My husband is tall, tattooed, muscular and pierced. I think he scared them half to death. Bless 'em. lol

I don't know if our experiences are actually the norm and some people just think kids should be robots or if we've gotten lucky.

I have seen more unruly young adult than kids. Kids are kids so I expected them to running around having fun but the 20 somethings walking through the corridors late at night making as much noise as possible when I had just got to sleep gets to me.

I have to say the only time I have ever yelled at a child I wasn't baby-sitting was on the Fantasy, my first cruise. A friend and I had been up at 6 am and hiked Mayan ruins all morning, and were trying to nap in the afternoon. Some child was running down the hall on the Main deck, screaming and slamming his hand against every. single. door. After his fourth trip down, I crankily lost my temper. I cracked the door and waited. As soon as he hit my door, I flung it open and shouted that some people were trying to sleep. He froze, and then quickly walked down the hall . . . to where his mother was standing happily watching him disturb an entire deck. She took his hand and they left the floor. Some people. :confused:

Also on the same cruise on another afternoon, I was in the spa getting a manicure, and there was a woman sitting next to me. Her daughter came up and was whining about wanting to go play in their room. The woman told the kid that she could not play in the room, because she would be loud and disrupt the other guests who might be trying to nap. I was on a very tight budget with no additional wriggle room, but I nearly paid for that woman's manicure as a thank you for her thoughtfulness and parenting skills.

Does anyone control their kids anymore?

We most certainly do. There is no way in hell my son will be acting like an untrained monkey. We don't allow it at home, we don't allow it in restaurants, we don't allow it in stores, we will NOT allow it on the ship.

What makes me REALLY angry is children who DO behave so horribly, give kids like MINE, a bad rap. People think ALL kids are rotten. As a result, people freak out when they see him in nice restaurants, because, they think he will, also, behave like an animal. Not all kids are like that.

When I cruised with my kids I read them the riot act before leaving. They were young teen. They didn't go to the kids club. They were very well behaved especially in the Steakhouse. They knew elevator etiquette.

In April on Magic the over 1500 kids were running amok. I said something to 2 young boys banging on the cabin door next to mine while they shouted to calm down and their father told them they didn't have to listen to that old lady. The father was hostile the rest of the trip making for an uncomfortable trip.

Kids were running up and down halls, around the pool, having parties in the nooks by elevators on cabin decks. They were very disruptive and nothing was ever done about it.

We most certainly do. There is no way in hell my son will be acting like an untrained monkey. We don't allow it at home, we don't allow it in restaurants, we don't allow it in stores, we will NOT allow it on the ship.

What makes me REALLY angry is children who DO behave so horribly, give kids like MINE, a bad rap. People think ALL kids are rotten. As a result, people freak out when they see him in nice restaurants, because, they think he will, also, behave like an animal. Not all kids are like that.

I have found that since families where both parents work. The behaviour and discipline of kids has gone down. Lately parents try to be friends with their kids. As a result kids do what they want when they want.

Yes there are many well behaved kids on cruises. But those who aren't give the rest a bad rap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums