Punchline Comedy Adult Shows -What Age?

cloudninecat

I never paid attention before and don't see it on Carnival's website. Are the adult only shows 18+ or 21+ and how strict are they with this or is it just a suggestion? I'll be traveling with 4 kids ages 15, 19, 20, and 21. Since all but one of them is under 21 I was curious if they would be able to go with us. We enjoyed the adult shows more than the PG versions the last 2 cruises we were on and would like to attend with at least the over 18's, though I don't think it's anything my 15 year old hasn't been exposed to before just watching TV.

I remember the Comedy Club host asking anyone under 18 to leave before the adult shows started. I don't know if they would actually go around to tables where someone looked younger than 18 or not, and inquire about their age and force them to leave.

I'm bothered by the age thing only because of all the Fun Times I've read the family shows are during dinner or the main show time. Leaves family comedy out unless skipping the big shows. Although in some cases comedy may be a better choice. Honestly there is nothing my 14 year old hasn't heard at the adult shows.

I'm not sure it's my 15th year old's cup of tea anyway. She has Asperger's and doesn't really get humor most of the time anyway.

It can get pretty raunchy and I actually would feel uncomfortable at times if my kids that are of age were with. I don't think she will be missing out on anything.

I'm bothered by the age thing only because of all the Fun Times I've read the family shows are during dinner or the main show time. Leaves family comedy out unless skipping the big shows. Although in some cases comedy may be a better choice. Honestly there is nothing my 14 year old hasn't heard at the adult shows.

2 things,

1. the adult show is pretty late, after all the main shows are over

2. I wouldn't bet on what your 14 year old has heard.

One guy on the Magic was so foul, we left. These were barely jokes. It was an XXX rated verbal description.

We are by no means prudes. We are in the balcony club. The other adult comedians were very funny.

It can get pretty raunchy and I actually would feel uncomfortable at times if my kids that are of age were with. I don't think she will be missing out on anything.

I agree. I was just mainly worried that her friend would want to attend and she would be alone. She doesn't do alone in crowded situations very well.

I agree. I was just mainly worried that her friend would want to attend and she would be alone. She doesn't do alone in crowded situations very well.

There's usually other stuff going on at that time like a band or maybe a deck party. I'm sure there's something they could do. Maybe even order some room service and watch a movie.

2 things,

One guy on the Magic was so foul, we left. These were barely jokes. It was an XXX rated verbal description.

We are by no means prudes. We are in the balcony club. The other adult comedians were very funny.

As we've only cruised a few times I haven't seen many, but the ones I have were mainly just bad language and some sexual innuendo. I wouldn't want to expose her to graphic details as she would be embarrassed by that I'm sure.

My family recently sailed Victory and we had a 15 and 21 year old with us as well. The 21 year old attended the adult comedy show but the 15 year did not; some of the jokes from one of the comedians was VERY sexual oriented and may be a little uncomfortable if your kids are sitting there with you. The comedian even asked a group of kids who were sitting on the floor by the club entrance if they were actually over 18 before he started his routine. He used "props" for one of his jokes which we thought was hilarious but may not be suitable for just anyone.

2 things,

I have also walked out of a comedy show due to the vulgarity and I an no prude. When the comedian started talking extremely sexual about me personally, it has gone to far.

No idea what your 14 year old has heard but IMHO a lot of what is said is not appropriate for anyone under 18.

They can get rather overly vile.

2 things,

I've read many Fun Times and been on a good number of cruises. The theater shows are usually around 9 PM. Anything comedy after 10 is always adult. It may be possible to squeeze in an 8:00 comedy if dinner is finished.

I don't need to bet what my kids have heard. I know. They put on their headphones and get on X Box with their buddies and don't realize the things I hear come out of their mouths.

As we've only cruised a few times I haven't seen many, but the ones I have were mainly just bad language and some sexual innuendo. I wouldn't want to expose her to graphic details as she would be embarrassed by that I'm sure.

Most of the adult shows I've seen were this way. But there was at least one that was definitely XXX. Actually thinking about that one show I wouldn't want my 14 year old there, whether he's heard that stuff or not.

A month ago we were on the Paradise and they announced that you had to be 18+ and older for the show. There were some young ones sitting close to us and they were asked for their ID's before the show started. I wouldn't want to be sitting there with my 15yo during the Adult shows. I know TV exposes them to a lot but the TV I watch with a teenager isn't as graphic as the comedians can get. Your call...just saying..