Wind Star Cabin Location help

photographynut

We are going on next years july 3 trip for the wind spirit. We put a deposit down for a category B. Cabin 135. I think that is the front. I am very noise sensitive. I didn't want to be near the engine, which is apparently in the back. However, I usually stay in the back since one time we were in the front it was awful. Every time the ship cut through the waves we had a huge bang in our cabin. Granted we were on a lower floor of a massive ship. Anyone been in either the front or the back of the boat and experienced any noise issue.

Edited by photographynut

You should not be bothered by engine noise in Cabin 135. It will just be a hum that you will only notice when they cut the engines and go entirely under sail. It is also pretty close to mid ship. I have stayed in 133 and it was wonderful. Enjoy!

You should not be bothered by engine noise in Cabin 135. It will just be a hum that you will only notice when they cut the engines and go entirely under sail. It is also pretty close to mid ship. I have stayed in 133 and it was wonderful. Enjoy!

Thanks. I can't wait. So there was no sound with the boat/waves banging hard in the front of the boat?

We were in cabin 136 this July 4th. It was a great location. There was no engine noise at all and it was in the middle of the boat toward the front. I didn't hear any waves hitting the front at all. You do need to use the crew stairway when they pull into port as the storm doors need to be closed at that time and they block off the other stairway. The doors aren't closed for long.

But on deck 1 you should be aware that you will hear and see the waves splashing against the side of the ship. Depending on the seas this might be minor or significant. It is much less of a problem on deck 2, which I would recommend over deck 1 if you are noise sensitive.

I agree. Splashing can be fine. What I hated was the massive bang when the ship smashed into the water. However, it was one of the massive carnival ships! Cheap winter break cruise, but I wouldn't stay in the front on a lower deck again on a big ship.

I'm so looking forward to this tahiti cruise.