Helping you out if you are on Windstar in Tahiti

luv2event

I just wanted to let others know who are traveling on the Wind Spirit in French Polynesia - The last day is bouncy! Like if you ever get sea sick (you know who you are) pack your stuff the day before so you are not trying to pack while the ship is tossing and turning. Immediately after leaving Huahine was fine, but later that afternoon it got downright sickening. (and all the staff said this is normal of that day) We wished someone had warned us as we would have packed so we could be out on deck. Instead we randomly threw all our stuff in our bags because we were too motion sick to do anything else. Just wanted ya'll to know so you can plan accordingly :)

Our cruise was as smooth as glass for the entire time. Having lived on the ocean my entire life, rough seas, smooth seas are completely unpredictable. Hope all seas are smooth for future sailings. Happy Sailing. Susanne

I just wanted to let others know who are traveling on the Wind Spirit in French Polynesia - The last day is bouncy! Like if you ever get sea sick (you know who you are) pack your stuff the day before so you are not trying to pack while the ship is tossing and turning. Immediately after leaving Huahine was fine, but later that afternoon it got downright sickening. (and all the staff said this is normal of that day) We wished someone had warned us as we would have packed so we could be out on deck. Instead we randomly threw all our stuff in our bags because we were too motion sick to do anything else. Just wanted ya'll to know so you can plan accordingly :)

Thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:While reading your post I think I started feeling sea sick hope this is not a sign of what is to come when we cruise FP in September.

We just got off of the wind spirit yesterday and the last day is pretty rough. Lots of tossing and turning. Many people were queasy. The crew said that the motion was pretty typical of the seas going from Huahine to Papete. The rest of the days were wonderful!

That was the only day we felt bad. And we don't typically get super sea sick. The rest of the trip was great. I hope everyone's trip in the future is like Strenz! Sadly, ours was not. And when we asked multiple crew members they said this was normal for that part of the journey