Post cruise extension nov 30(Christmas markets) nuremburg or prague

angelle

I will be cruising the viking Idun November 23, I have currently added a post cruise extension of 2 nights in nuremburg. At the time I booked I did realize Prague was also available for 3 nights. I do have time to change. I have never been to this area, my daughter is 16 and we are very active. What do you think would be better? We are excited to experience the Christmas markets. The cruise is romantic danbue leaving from Budapest... We will have day 7 and 8 in nuremburg....then we would be off to prague for 3 nights. Thanks for the advise.

I will be cruising the viking Idun November 23, I have currently added a post cruise extension of 2 nights in nuremburg. At the time I booked I did realize Prague was also available for 3 nights. I do have time to change. I have never been to this area, my daughter is 16 and we are very active. What do you think would be better? We are excited to experience the Christmas markets. The cruise is romantic danbue leaving from Budapest... We will have day 7 and 8 in nuremburg....then we would be off to prague for 3 nights. Thanks for the advise.

We are going on Viking's Romantic Danube in three weeks, ending in Nuremberg. We decided to stay 3 days in Prague on our own after the cruise. We have heard nothing but great things about Prague and I think if you want to extend I would choose Prague over Nuremberg.

I've been to Prague; I've not been to Nuremberg. We're starting our cruise in Nuremberg and opted not to add time in Prague - we don't have much time this year and I told my husband that 2 or 3 days wouldn't be enough.

I vote Prague, it's easy to walk and use trains, and you can do it on your own and save money.

We have been to both several times for the markets. Prague is more compact and charming and would be my choice. Nuremberg is larger and has more going on but is not one of my favorite markets or cities.

I'd go for Prague. You already have two days in Nuremburg which is plenty of time to hit the historical highlights as well as the market. Prague is amazing esp. during the holiday season. It will give you one last magical city before returning home. Prague is an easy city to plan yourself, you can probably pick up just the transfer from the boat, or opt for train or bus transportation on your own.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app