Trafalgar Falls, Screw Spa & Bontanical Gardens

nautica34

Interested in visiting all of the above and possibly Sulpher Springs. Is there a tour comany that goes to all of these? I looked at some tour companies that offer most with the exception of Screw Spa.

Thanks in advance!

Check out Reyno Tours website: http://www.reynotours.com

I believe that the "Relax at Screw's Mineral Spa" tour has all of the places that you want to visit. I am also interested in this particular tour, but have not made my reservation yet.

Edited by marys350
add info.

Marys350,

Thank you so much! The tour sounds perfect and covers everything. I'm surprised this company never came up in my many google searches. Have you used him before? Any idea what the rates are?

I haven't used Reyno before. I found Reyno Tours by looking up Dominica on Trip Advisor's website and reading the excellent reviews. I have not contacted him yet to find out rates and make my reservation, but plan to do that soon.

Mary

I received a response from Reyno

The rate would be $45 per person plus $10 fee for Screw Spa. This is based on a group. He said if it's just 2 people it would be a customized tour with a rate of $150.

Nautica34,

Thanks for the information. I just e-mailed Reyno this morning with a few questions about the tour. Hopefully, he'll get back to me soon.

Do you know if he can add a party of 2 to a group tour or if you have to organize your own group to get the group rate? Also, is the custom tour rate of $150 per person or total for two, plus the additional fee of $10 each for Screws Spa?

I'll let you know if I find out any additional information.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary,

You're welcome! This is what he mentioned in the e-mail to me (couldn't copy/paste earlier when I sent the other message from my phone). In regards to your question about adding to a group or organizing one, I'm not sure. I responded to his e-mail after I received it and asked how many are needed to be considered a group for the $45 rate and if anyone has signed up. I would hope that the person booking isn't required to organzie their own group. This would be an amazing tour only if their is a group. The $150 is out of my budget and unsure if my travel companion will go. I'll let you know when I recieve a response. Please let me know when you hear back from him.

"RELAX AT SCREW'S MINERAL WARM SPA

A general Tour that will take about 3--4 hours.

Entails a 20 minutes drive from the Capital Roseau into Roseau Valley

Rain Forest, a 40 minutes stop at the Trafalgar Falls, we proceed to

the Wotten Waven Hot Sulphur Spring for 15 minutes, 1 hour or more

mineral bath at Screws Mineral Spa, a drive through the Botanic

Garden, 10 minutes stop at Morne Bruce View Point of the City, then

back to the Ship.

The price will be US$45 P/P if we go with others as a group tour. But if it's 2 of only I will hae to customize the tour and the price will be US$150 total. there is also a US$10 to enter the Screw's

Spa, and u will have to pay for that. That trip is a very nice trip and it's not to strenuous."

We will be in Dominca on November 20th. When are there? Looks like a great tour.

Bummer - not until December 2. Hoping that we could add to the count to get the discounted fee. Yes, it does. If you do it, have a great time!

Bummer - not until December 2. Hoping that we could add to the count to get the discounted fee. Yes, it does. If you do it, have a great time!

It's not looking good for us to get additional people to go. If you go, please report back how the tour is. I'll do the same if we end up going.

We're not cruising until April. I'm still waiting to hear back from Reyno and will post any additional information that I find out. Have you tried joining your cruise critic roll-call and posting a message about the tour in case others are interested in signing up in order to get enough people for a group? I know that some people are successful in doing that. Good luck!

Mary

We're not cruising until April. I'm still waiting to hear back from Reyno and will post any additional information that I find out. Have you tried joining your cruise critic roll-call and posting a message about the tour in case others are interested in signing up in order to get enough people for a group? I know that some people are successful in doing that. Good luck!

Mary

Hi Mary,

I did post on my roll call when Reyno responded. No responses. Looking into other options. Hope you're able to do the tour.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

Just returned from our cruise. I ended up with a party of 4 and booked a customized private tour with My Sister Tours, which is operated by Helen Alcendor. We had a wonderful day with Helen and visited Trafalgar Falls, Screws Spa, Botanical Gardens, and other sights, too. Her website is http://www.mysistertours.com

Mary

I'm in the process of planning a tour with Helen for next year. Can you tell me a little more about what you saw and did? Thanks! :)

Just realized I responded to you on the other thread, sorry... But I'd still like to hear anything you want to share about your day with Helen! Did you go to Mero Beach or the Emerald Pool?

Edited by canadarocks
extra info

I'm in the process of planning a tour with Helen for next year. Can you tell me a little more about what you saw and did? Thanks! :)

Just realized I responded to you on the other thread, sorry... But I'd still like to hear anything you want to share about your day with Helen! Did you go to Mero Beach or the Emerald Pool?

This was our second time visiting Dominica and our goal was to go to Trafalgar Falls and Screws Spa. We like to do excursions that last no more than 4-5 hours so that we can still have time to relax on the ship in the afternoon. When I corresponded with Helen to plan our tour, she suggested a tour which included: city highlights, Soufriere Scotts Head view, Morne Bruce, and Botanical Gardens, in addition to our request to go to Screws Spa and Trafalgar Falls. We toured from 9:00-2:00, and enjoyed everything that we did. Screws Spa was a unique and relaxing experience soaking in the sulfur baths that were different temperatures. The drive south to Soufriere Scotts Head view was very scenic. We did not request to go to Mero Beach since we had three beach days planned on other islands and did not want to spend additional time driving to Emerald Pool. There are some reviews of My Sister Tours on Trip Advisor which describe people's experiences visiting many different places including Mero Beach, Emerald Pool, Screws Spa, Trafalgar Falls, etc.

Is this your first visit to Dominica? I'm sure that Helen will help you plan a fun tour based on the types of activities that you may be interested in. Feel free to ask additional questions.

Thanks so much for the added info Mary. We were actually just in Dominica last month, but we spent the day at Papillote Wilderness Retreat. So next year we want to get out and see the island.

I have already booked Helen for our day, and she is wonderful to deal with. :cool:

• 6 months later...
Thanks so much for the added info Mary. We were actually just in Dominica last month, but we spent the day at Papillote Wilderness Retreat. So next year we want to get out and see the island.

I have already booked Helen for our day, and she is wonderful to deal with. :cool:

I'd like to do this as well. Did you make reservations, take a bus or taxi, and how much money should I take? TIA.

I'd like to do this as well. Did you make reservations, take a bus or taxi, and how much money should I take? TIA.

I just answered your other post about this. :) We definitely made reservations. We brought the $69 each for our entrance fee and $40 for the taxi driver, and a little bit extra for spending money there.

• 2 months later...

We visited Dominica last week. It doesn't get as many visitors as other cruise ship stops and as a result is much less developed. I thought you might enjoy a peek.

Here is the cruise port. No rows of tee shirt shops here.

DSC_5597a_zpsidweensy.jpg

After leaving the port we boarded a van provided by My Sister tours. A good idea, cause there wasn't much to see in Roseau. First stop was an overview.

DSC_5601_zps0gbpbuj0.jpg

Then on to the botanical gardens.

DSC_5620_zpsey4gbqex.jpg

DSC_5621_zps84tlbl1x.jpg

More later...