tubing and island tour?

SugarStar00

I'm currently booked with AnTours for their Emerald Pool & River Tubing excursion - we leave Saturday for the cruise. We've been to the Emerald Pool before and wanted to return. So, I was looking for a combo tour that offered this in conjunction with something else we haven't seen. Below are the details of the tour they've provided to me via email exchange. If you want, I can let you know how it goes? This doesn't really include the "island tour" you reference, but if you haven't been to the Emerald Pool it's a must IMO. Also, they have an option beach drop off at Mero beach at the end of the tour if you wish.

Details of the Emerald Pool & River Tubing tour are confirmed as follows:

The tour leaves from the pier at 9.30am and it goes directly to the Emerald Pool where you spend one hour in the rainforest to visit and possibly swim in the Pool. There are souvenir outlets in the parking lot so we allow some time to browse around the outlets after visiting the Pool. By 12.15pm you are at the river to take the tube ride downriver lasting approximately 50 minutes to one hour. At the landing site, we serve refreshments and then you are taken back to the pier for drop off at the latest 2.30pm.

We confirm the current price at US$57.00 per adult which includes the entry fee to the Emerald Pool and the complimentary drink.

Thank you for your response, I'd love to hear about it when you get back! I think this is great option, I'd really like to see some falls, but it seems it may be impossible to do it all in one day....I'm going to email Antours and ask them.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My group is thinking of booking this Antours excursion. The hesitation is I am not a strong swimmer. I have done water activities before but I wondered what someone who has done this tour thinks about how intense the tubing is. Thanks for any advice:)

My group is thinking of booking this Antours excursion. The hesitation is I am not a strong swimmer. I have done water activities before but I wondered what someone who has done this tour thinks about how intense the tubing is. Thanks for any advice:)

check a little further down, I posted a similar question called recent tubing experience where Heatherc430 responded with great detail.

Is this tubing excursion suitable for children? They are aged 9, 6 and 4. They have rafted before, on a calm river though. Any suggestions?

I'm a strong swimmer and thought the tubing was way more intense than I anticipated. Personally, I wouldn’t think this was suitable for children. There were many adults on this excursion with me that felt this trip was too “intense” for them as well (mostly the ladies). I have a detailed review of this trip in my full review of my cruise from last month on the Summit.

Details of this excursion start on page 4 - thread #76

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41632069#post41632069