Houston terminal?

Beaver1975

Is the Houston terminal in the same place as NCL's previous locations? If so, are there any hotels close by for pre-cruise lodging? I seem to remember there were not any hotels close by when we sailed out of Houston in 2000.

The Jewel in docking in Baytown on north Galveston Bay. According to the information, I have found, Baytown has a popluation of just under 72,000. I would assume there are lots of hotels and restaurants.

The Jewel in docking in Baytown on north Galveston Bay. According to the information, I have found, Baytown has a popluation of just under 72,000. I would assume there are lots of hotels and restaurants.

It's a couple of miles south of the old terminal. Baytown is a little distance away. The port is in east Pasadena. The best place for hotels would be Kemah/Seabrook. La Porte, Pasadena, and Clear Lake areas are other places to look

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you both for the information. Now I have a good starting point. ;)

The terminal is definitely NOT in Baytown....It is in Pasadena. It's called the Bayport Cruise Terminal. The address is 4700 Cruise Rd, Pasadena, TX 77586. The Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites is very close. It is at 5755 Bayport Blvd, Seabrook, TX 77586. The web site for the port is http://www.portofhouston.com/cruise-information

The terminal is definitely NOT in Baytown....It is in Pasadena. It's called the Bayport Cruise Terminal. The address is 4700 Cruise Rd, Pasadena, TX 77586. The Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites is very close. It is at 5755 Bayport Blvd, Seabrook, TX 77586. The web site for the port is http://www.portofhouston.com/cruise-information

Great info.

There seems to be a lack dining options in that area. Would you book close to the airport and have better dining options or closer to the pier and just deal with the minimal options available?

Great info.

There seems to be a lack dining options in that area. Would you book close to the airport and have better dining options or closer to the pier and just deal with the minimal options available?

I would stay in Kemah, it has several/many choices for places to stay and dine and is very close to the terminal.

Great info.

Kemah, and the Kemah Boardwalk (http://www.kemahboardwalk.com) are about 4 miles south of the Best Western Plus. The hotel's website says they have a free shuttle to Kemah Boardwalk (and anywhere else within 5 miles - http://www.bwseabrooksuites.com). It also says there is a shuttle to the cruise port. So I guess it just depends, the dining options around the airports are not all that great either in my opinion, nor is there much to walk to around the airport hotels. The Kemah area is nice and a fun diversion. We take visitors there frequently.

We just sailed into the port on Saturday. Beautiful new terminal with plenty of friendly staff and lots of immigration lanes open. We rented a car to drive one way home and as we left I made a point to note hotels. The very closest is a Best Western Plus. Whether it has a restaurant I do not know. But Seabrook and Kemah are a close drive so staying there may depend on whether you have access to a car or are flying in. Great seafood in nearby towns.

We had sailed from the old port twice and this is much easier. Normal slope to the ramp, not the old ski slope.

Enjoy your trip.

I think you are confusing Baytown and Bayport. The terminal that Jewel is using is in BayPORT, not Baytown.

If you want to be as close as possible to the port, I would google hotels in La Porte, Texas. There are several on Fairmont Parkway and Highway 146. It will be a very short taxi ride of shuttle to the port.

Kemah, Seabrook, Nassau Bay, or Clear Lake area are the best place to stay if you have time to spend before the cruise. Kemah Boardwalk and NASA are great to visit.

This web site is extremely good for all the questions. I nearly choked seeing the rates for taxi's from airport.

We can easily drive it from visiting family in the port Arthur area. When we lived in Texas we went to Kemah often. This is a wal neat place.

While in Houston/Baytown/Pasadena/La Porte/Seabrook/Kemah (The port is described as being in or near all these places, however, it is actually in the middle of nowhere or industrial port USA), be sure to check out T-bone Toms on 146 couple miles south of the port. great place to eat and been featured in Diners, Drive inns, and Dives. Not affiliated just like the place and wanted to pass along the info

Yep, there is nothing in the immediate area to the port. The very closest thing is the Best Wedtern and it looks to be new. The police vehicles at the port were all Pasadena, but it is an area where some of those towns tend to run together so hard to know where each one actually begins. If you go to the terminal's website it has some very good information and links.

Cabs were high but a lot of people on CC had grouped for SuperShuttle. NCL also has shuttles to both airports.

If anyone is thinking of booking a room at the Seabrook Best Western Plus, I recommend doing it as soon as you can. I saw a short interview on the news with someone who worked there (could have been a manager) that said rooms are filling up fast. They were booked solid for the inaugural cruise on the 11th.

While in Houston/Baytown/Pasadena/La Porte/Seabrook/Kemah (The port is described as being in or near all these places, however, it is actually in the middle of nowhere or industrial port USA), be sure to check out T-bone Toms on 146 couple miles south of the port. great place to eat and been featured in Diners, Drive inns, and Dives. Not affiliated just like the place and wanted to pass along the info

I drove north on 146 when leaving Galveston in August, to find the cruise terminal. It is absolutely in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing at the exit. The few hotels I saw from 146 were at Fairmont Parkway. I don't remember how far that was from the exit at Port Road. After exiting, I drove about 3 or 4 miles on an industrial road. No stores, gas stations or anything to stop at.

I have booked the Springhill Suites in NASA/Webster (near the intersection of Nasa Road and 146), because we needed a room that sleeps 5. I put the cruise terminal address in on the directions page of their website and it says it is 11.6 miles to the terminal and 10 miles to Kemah. That's close enough for me. We are early risers and the hotel has breakfast, so I feel we can arrive at the terminal early.

Great info.

I would not book a hotel/motel near the airport. Not a favorable neighborhood to walk around.

We have made reservations at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Hobby. We're traveling from Northern California and get in late afternoon on Dec. 5th. The hotel has a restaurant in it and we'll probably lay low that night and just eat there and go to bed early. We'll be up early and ready to get our vacation going on the Jewel!